Produce Team Member Amber Waves Farm
- Date Posted August 06, 2020
- Location Amagansett, NY
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Amber Waves Farm is a fun, fast-paced work environment where we champion good ideas, hard work, common sense and follow-through. Each day we work towards improving our methods, expanding our knowledge base, and becoming a better all-around farm. We simultaneously promote efficiency and the production of high quality food in the fields alongside a celebration of kindness and collaboration among the crew, and openness and outreach to the community. The physical nature of the work is both challenging and rewarding, as is the considerable time we farmers spend interacting with the public both on and off the farm. The entire Amber Waves Farm team of about 40 people consists of not only farmers but also educators and retail market and kitchen staff. Job description
Amber Waves farm is seeking a Produce Team Member starting immediately for our farm store located in the iconic Amagansett Farmers Market. This individual will be a critically important member of our farm’s team, as their work handling fresh fruits and vegetables in the market will reflect the hard work done in the fields. This position will be both fun and challenging, providing the opportunity for daily creativity in product offering and displays and the ability to experience the delicious and colorful seasonal flow of East End produce. The team member will be responsible for maintaining a beautifully stocked sales floor, working closing with the wash pack station (where produce from the field is processed), and collaborating with their coworkers and managers. This job involves physically handling produce and building displays, washing, weighing, and packing produce for sale in the market.
· 1-2 years’ experience in retail food sales preferred but not required (restaurant, grocery store, farmers markets)
· Genuine interest in food and cooking, and the desire to talk with the public about these topics with a good, upbeat attitude
· Interest and talent in creating attractive, frequently changing displays
· Sense of pace and urgency, ability to prioritize a constantly evolving agenda that revolves around keeping the store looking fresh, clean, and fully stocked at all times
· Desire to work in a team environment
- Willing to train anyone who is interested in fresh produce!
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline