Lead Bread & Bagel Baker Edith's Eatery & Grocery
- Date Posted September 17, 2020
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Edith’s is an exciting new sourdough bagels and bread concept inside of Paulie Gee’s Pizzeria. We are scaling up our operation and currently seeking a morning bread baker to join our teamJob description
At Edith’s we boil and bake our bagels fresh every day. Our bakers are the heartbeat of our operation, and are counted on to bake bagels, breads, pastries, cookies and more. The baker is responsible to prepare bagel dough for the following day, manage inventory, and assist with food ordering.
The baker starts their day at 3:30- 4:00 AM depending on your speed for a 9am opening. The nice thing is you are typically done by 12:30-1 PM so you have the rest of the day to your self. The ideal candidate will work a set schedule of Wednesday thru Sunday, and have every Monday and Tuesday off. We are closed on major holidays, and close early the day prior.
All candidates must share our enthusiasm for bread and baking and have a desire to learn more. A successful candidate will also work well as part of a team and approach tasks with diligence and an attention to detail in order to meet our high standards. Candidates must be comfortable working in a bakery environment. We believe our staff is the greatest asset we have.
Our team is small, but highly talented and motivated. They work very hard and have fun doing it! We are looking to hire someone with high volume baking experience, a quick mind, attention to detail and a can-do attitude. There is a lot of potential for growth as we are currently scaling up our operation to support additional sales channels and our own facility.
- Must be available to work any day of the week, but to start its Wed-Sun (weekends are required
- Shifts vary daily between 3am – 11 am and 5am - 1:00pm
- Cutting and weighing a variety of doughs, including but not limited to: bagels, miche, boule, rolls, croissants, cookies
- A basic understanding of fermentation is preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of a wood fired oven preferred but not required.
- Experience with high volume bagel production, boiling, proofing, baking
- Excellent hand skills
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Ability to work fast and efficiently as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and move hot, heavy loaf pans
- Ability to work in a warm environment near the ovens
- Must be a team player
- Previous experience with bagels is required
- Ability to communicate in English is required