Team Manager Levain Bakery +5 more
- Date Posted September 21, 2020
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Competitive swimmers and triathletes, Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald passed their grueling workouts by engaging in passionate conversations about starting their own company and baking, which ultimately inspired them to leave their respective careers in fashion and finance. They opened a small bread shop in 1995, which they named Levain Bakery.
One day, they created an ultimate chocolate chip walnut cookie to give them energy while training for a triathlon. They decided to sell a batch in their bakery, and they flew off the shelves. An icon was born. The cozy shop on West 74th Street in New York City quickly became a neighborhood favorite and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world, hungry for the world-famous six-ounce cookies.
From the start they baked everything fresh on-site each day and donated the day’s leftovers to charity each night, actions that remain solidly in place almost 25 years later. Levain Bakery now has eight locations with more to come, plus ecommerce gift boxes, and more delicious bites of joy in the works!
We strive every day to embody our company’s five core values: Community, Fun, Integrity, Kindness, and Heart and are excited to welcome new team members to help bring a little piece of Levain cookie love to recipients in New York and beyond!Job description
Team Managers collaborate with General Managers and Assistant General Managers to oversee shifts and supervise team members. Team Managers provide on-the-ground support and ensure retail, baking production, and cleaning needs are met and also assist with other tasks throughout the bakery including ordering supplies and opening/closing the bakery each day. The ideal candidate has strong problem-solving instincts and a knack for motivating and coaching employees.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise team members and maintain a presence on the floor, stepping in to support the team as challenges arise or when volume demands; you’re responsible for setting a positive, can-do tone for each shift.
- Coach and develop team members, helping to identify and address areas of improvement as well as cultivating high-potential team members.
- Support bakery management with administrative and financial tasks as needed.
- Model exceptional customer service, maintain extensive product knowledge (including allergen information), and assist with delivery fulfillment.
- Work efficiently and accurately while ensuring all Department of Health food and safety standards are met.
What we’re looking for:
- Prior customer service, retail, and/or food and beverage experience required.
- Food Handler’s/Food Protection License required.
- Passion for what you do –you love motivating and leading a team and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Adaptability and flexibility – you recognize that in the food industry, anything can – and will – happen and you’re able to calmly troubleshoot issues.
- Eye for detail – you’re able to deftly switch between operational tasks and in-the-moment coaching, never sacrificing the quality of either.
- Collaborative spirit and commitment to Levain’s core values – you’re a team player and willing to lend a hand or elevate those around you. You add your own individuality to an already positive and uplifting work environment. A good sense of humor doesn’t hurt either!
- Full-time; weekend availability required
- $18-20/hour with quarterly bonus potential
- Dynamic work environment with a warm and supportive team
- Health, vision, dental insurance with employer-funded HRA
- Additional supplemental benefits: transit benefits, dependent care account, pet insurance, etc.
- Paid time off (after waiting period)
- 401K with company match (after waiting period)
- Opportunity for career development
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline