Experienced Baker Tandem Coffee + Bakery
- Date Posted September 24, 2020
- Location Portland, ME
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We also have a bustling bakery location called Tandem Coffee + Bakery on Congress St. in Portland’s West End neighborhood! The bakery is housed in a repurposed roadside service station and is always bursting at the seams with pastries, pies and people. Job description
Full Time Baker
Looking for an experienced baker who can / has:
- Team-oriented work ethic
- Understand, maintain, follow recipes and practices that adhere to and uphold Tandem’s aesthetic and quality commitment
- Respect and desire to be a part of all bakery operations and atmosphere
- Familiarity using large scale kitchen equipment such as mixers, blenders, knives, heat sources, slicers, and other equipment
- Possess excellent communication skills when it concerns coworkers and managers bringing any inventory, production or equipment needs to the management’s attention.
- Demonstrate time management skills with the ability to take direction and self-direct during slow periods.
- Work with a sense of purpose, creativity and ability to make decisions with consideration and professionalism
- at least two years experience baking in a commercial kitchen
- enthusiasm for service and teamwork
- consistent attendance and punctuality with availability both early mornings (4 am), weekends and holidays
- high school diploma or equivalent
- comfortable working in an open kitchen
- ability to follow prep lists, recipes, written and verbal direction
- ability to mix and shape pastries by hand
- consistent attention to detail, cleanliness, and organization
- ability to perform physical tasks - lift 50 lbs above waist
- Wear a face mask for the duration of your shift and follow COVID and food service safety guidelines and protocols. In addition, we ask that our employees conduct themselves in a responsible and safe manner outside of the work place to insure the safety of their coworkers and the business.
This is a full time, hourly position that reports to the Kitchen Manager and Head Baker.
Benefits include accrued paid time off and a $125 monthly contribution towards health insurance.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $14.00 - $18.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline