Sales Associate Hudson Valley Fisheries
- Date Posted October 07, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Hudson Valley Fisheries, located in Hudson NY, was inspired by our commitment to food quality, food security and environmental stewardship. Our goal is to raise the finest tasting, most sustainable Steelhead Trout in North America while also protecting the wild populations of Steelhead and the environment.
By using a state-of-the-art land-based bio secure Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS) we are pairing expert husbandry with groundbreaking technology to provide the best growing conditions for our Steelhead from egg to harvest. Our RAS allows us to raise our fish without antibiotics, growth hormones, vaccinations or harmful chemicals while limiting detrimental impacts to the local environment or wild species.Job description
Job Title: Sales Associate
Since the onset of the pandemic our business has been expanded within three major channels of sales: wholesale, ecommerce and farmers markets. We are excited to grow our inside sales team to keep up with our growth. Today, we are seeking sales specialists with a background in restaurants, food tech., or food startups. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for sustainable food systems and want to be part of a growing company recognized as the leader in aquaculture then this is your opportunity. The Sales Associate will work directly with the Sales Manager to continue to establish new sales partnerships and support existing business streams. He or she will be responsible for helping grow, operate and promote all three channels of business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Promote Hudson Valley Fisheries as a premium brand and clearly distinguish it from others in the market.
- Research, identify and sell to qualified foodservice and retail accounts
- Reach sales quotas, demonstrate solid YOY growth in both number of accounts and revenue.
- Prepare and present weekly sales reports identifying pipeline and new customer acquisitions.
- Participate in new product development based on customer feedback.
- Utilize a CRM database on a daily basis.
- Help operate and strategize the growth of the farmers markets sales
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree preferred (Business, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts)
- Communicative, hard-working, and motivated to grow
- Willingness to become educated and help educate others on the benefits of recirculating aquaculture systems
- 2 – 4 years of chef / restaurant roles and / or food sales experience
- PC Skills and proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM software
What we offer
- $35k-$40k Base Salary plus commission (based on experience)
- Paid Vacation
- Comprehensive Health Plan
Job Type: Full-timeCompensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline