The Herb Lyceum, in Groton MA, is a multi-faceted agricultural business that includes several greenhouses for both wholesale and retail growing of herbs, vegetables, and perennials. Additionally, there is a vegetable farm and commercial kitchen. We also participate in several farmers markets in the Boston area.
We are in search of a person who wants to pursue a full-time position as an assistant to the owner/grower, with eventual promotion and profit sharing planned. The successful candidate will have the to participate and gain knowledge in all aspects of this enterprise. This position is available for immediate hiring.
Please send resume highlighting the following abilities:
- At least 2 years management of vegetable farm.
- Ability to drive tractors/implements and box truck.
- Experience in IPM and have, or willing to obtain, a spray license.
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient, responsible manner
- Possess the personal skills as a leader and team player; establish rapport with fellow workers, solve problems, and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and willingness to work seasonal long days.
- Ability to lift 50-pound bags of soil.
Detailed job description during second interview. Compensation will be based on experience, interviews, and references.
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $40,000.00 - $55,000.00
Please click here to sign in and view application details. If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!