Seeking Farmer's Market Manager Feed Our Soul
- Date Posted November 03, 2020
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
We are a restorative organization. Our mission is to rebuild the connection between humans and nature. We believe it is every human's birthright to have access to nutrient rich foods on a consistent daily basis. We provide urban agriculture hubs and sustainable living farms in South Los Angeles. Our program teaches environmental science and technology, along with nutritional and culinary education. Weekly, we share community produce distributions of locally grown produce to families in need. We are a registered 501(c)(3) charity organization.
- Oversee on-site farmers' market event FRIDAY ONLY
- Set up and take down market supplies (Signage, receiving and unloading produce boxes, crowd management for social distancing, etc.)
- Market Ambassador: facilitate volunteer schedule, including produce pick ups, drop offs and market volunteers
- Remain onsite during before, after and during market hours (3 hours outside)
- Perform administrative functions such as communications and tallying load sheets
- Marketing and Advertising: Send outreach to and reminders of the market to local community organizations each week
- Maintain positive relations with both vendors and customers by responding to needs and troubleshooting problems
- Communicate and report directly to Supervisor
- A+ customer service skills (a true people person).
- Community building is a key to success. Other pluses include experience w/ marketing, local food systems, event management.
- Must be able to handle the elements as we are a rain or shine year-round market.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Trustworthy, dependable and hardworking people-person.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Team player with ability to take direction and work independently.
Must have valid Driver's License, vehicle and cell phone.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our managers safe, we require face masks, gloves, Hand Sanitizing stations for managers and customers. We actively promote responsible social distancing.