Human Milk Regulatory Lead BIOMILQ
- Date Posted November 04, 2020
- Location Durham, NC
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Passionate about global nutrition? Worried about the effects on our climate due to animal agriculture? Ready to put your technical skills to create positive change in the world?
We are looking for a Ph.D. level scientist, engineer, or human milk regulatory expert to join our team in Durham, North Carolina!
You are a technical leader
- Able to conduct experimental research and have a deep understanding of milk compositional analysis techniques, mammalian biosynthetic pathways, and mammalian cell-culture understanding.
- Comfort in clinical experimental design, interpretation of infant outcomes data, and working with large datasets.
- Perform critical analyses and interpret data for actionable decision-making that impacts the greater company.
- As a life-long learner, we rely on you to keep a pulse on current relevant scientific literature, clinical trial design, and regulatory field updates and to share back with the broader team.
- We are moving fast and need someone detail-oriented for project planning and management both in scientific and/or regulatory disciplines.
You are a cross-functional powerhouse
- Comfortable working hand in hand with CSO & CEO to develop written materials for regulatory counsel, consultants, grants, investor updates, and publishable works.
- Can align deliverables between our external regulatory team and internal team to drive towards de-risking milestones.
- As a close-knit team, your input for scientific strategy is invaluable and you actively engage in regular scientific and broader all-hands team meetings.
- Your innate ability to articulate complex topics to a scientific audience as well as your business and legal team keeps everyone in-the-know.
You love tackling challenging problems with a team
- You believe in our mission of working towards better infant nutrition, women's health, and sustainability.
- As a conscientious teammate, you're curious to learn from co-workers and share your personal passions.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a broad and diverse team and stepping outside of your comfort zone.
- You're naturally inclined to think critically and creatively to work through murky problems.
- Ambiguity is your jam and you're able to strive ahead without direction.
- You hold yourself and others to the utmost ethical standards in all scientific and professional endeavors.
Qualifications & Preferred Experience
- Ph.D. in cell-biology, mammalian milk research discipline, infant nutrition or similar, or Master’s degree +3 years hands-on regulatory experience
- Background knowledge of cell physiology and behavior and/or previous experience with cell-based manufacturing, including 3-dimensional tissue culture experience.
- Working understanding of FDA regulatory structure, with hands-on experience a plus.
- Extensive experience with mammalian milk synthesis and/or nutrition.
- Understanding or past work with HMEC cell type.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineNovember 30, 2020