Produce Associate Riverwards Produce
- Date Posted November 17, 2020
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Riverwards Produce is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Job description
The Produce Associate position at Riverwards Produce takes ownership and initiative of the produce department. They maintain well-stocked, obsessively clean produce displays, receive and process incoming produce, organize produce back stock, and perform regularly scheduled cleanings. They have an expert knowledge of produce and produce uses and can help customers and staff with inquiries and suggestions. They have a working knowledge of retail customer service and can jump in to help ring up a customer, find a quart of strawberries or fill a bag of bulk almonds.
- Greets customers and provides helpful information when requested
- Completes the list of tasks associated with the shift worked (Refer to opening and closing produce duties lists)
- When the store is busy, Produce Associates are expected to help work the registers, help bag, and/or make themselves available for questions and price checks
- When primary responsibilities are completed for the day, Produce Associates help out with daily market operations. They fill in where they see a need or are requested to help, including the downtime responsibilities of the cashier role and beyond.
- Reports lows, highs, and out of stocks to buyers and helps maintain inventory
- Organizes and maintains the cleanliness of grocery storage spaces and basement kitchen
- Is knowledgeable about the layout of the store, products offered, and where to find them
- Ensures market appears clean and orderly by cleaning up messes, breaking down boxes, sweeping, and helping unload shipments when necessary.
- Experience receiving, processing, and merchandising produce in a retail setting
- A desire to greet and engage customers and foster relationships with regulars
- Punctual and detail oriented
- A positive attitude and an enthusiastic desire to provide storewide customer service
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs and spend 8+ hours standing and walking up and down stairs
- Passion for the principles of sustainable food and farming
- Flexibility in scheduling, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- A diligent approach to safety and sanitation. ServSafe (or analogous) certification a plus
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all tasks. A self-starter and hard worker
- Ability to roll with the punches of a rapidly growing start-up business
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 08, 2020