Food Catalyst reSET
- Date Posted November 17, 2020
- Location Hartford, CT
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
reSET, Social Enterprise Trust is a non-profit organization whose mission is to advance the social enterprise sector. Its strategic goals are threefold: to be the “go-to” place for impact entrepreneurs, to make Hartford the Impact City, and Connecticut the social enterprise state.
reSET serves all entrepreneurs, but specializes in social enterprise impact driven business with a double and sometimes triple bottom line. In addition to providing co-working space and accelerator and mentoring programs, reSET aims to inspire innovation and community collaboration, and to support entrepreneurs in creating market-based solutions to community challenges. reSET’s goal is to meet entrepreneurs wherever they are in their trajectory and to help them take their businesses to the next level.Job description
The Food Catalyst’s primary objectives are to support food based businesses and strengthen the food ecosystem in Hartford. Working under the direction of reSET, the Catalyst will coordinate with members of the Culinary Collaborative to support startup entrepreneurs as they launch and grow their food businesses and navigate the landscape of support services available in the region.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for people interested in accessing services for their food business. Understand the Culinary Collaboratives’ member services and what they offer; be able to match startups to the appropriate service.
- Coach startups on businesses practices and ensure that they have the financial and business planning tools that they need to be successful.
- Maintain relationships with food business owners to continue check-ins regarding progress of business growth, goals, and barriers to growth.
- Track leads promptly in CRM database
- Lead reSET’s Food Incubator and coordinate workshops and quarterly Collaborative events, documenting sector demand for services and workshop topics.
- Support larger culinary collaborative strategy including programming, content, facility partnerships, and distribution partnerships. Includes regular contact with Collaborative partners to ensure alignment and close collaboration in meeting our goals.
- Create quarterly meetups on behalf of the Culinary Collaborative that provide resources and expertise to meet the needs of the participant network
- Assess the needs of each Culinary Collaborative partner regarding goals, successes, and challenges on an ongoing basis to be able to report progress back to the group on a continuous basis
- Supports the Culinary Collaborative with meeting prep, facilitation, and follow-up
- Manages website and social media communications related to the Culinary Collaborative
Attributes & Qualifications:
Community Builder – someone who understands the power that can come from a well-built community. A mentor that can build and nurture a community where founders can go to get judgement-free advice from their F&B peers.
Influencer and Connector – someone who is a hyper-connector in the Food space. Someone that bridges the connection between Founders, Service Providers, Investors and Experts and who will represent the Culinary Collaborative throughout the region.
Teacher and Mentor – someone who can take their experience and provide it to others; building curriculum that can impact many but also be able to triage problems with individual founders when they’re faced with specific challenges
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Experience working one on with clients
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Excellent written skills
- Familiarity with operating a CRM system to track client progress
- Personal experience with a startup
- Experience with databases
- Spoken Spanish.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Emily Reisner at email@example.com.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions