OWAMNI GENERAL MANAGER The Sioux Chef
- Date Posted January 01, 2021
- Location Minneapolis, MN
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Sioux Chef company began in 2014. We are committed to revitalizing Native American Cuisine and in the process we are re-identifying North American Cuisine and reclaiming an important culinary culture long buried and often inaccessible. Our work has centered around social entrepreneurism, with the focus on education through cultural preservation, healthy foods and Indigenous food access. We have spent years on projects such as tribal outreach, community meals, catering, speaking engagements, books and video.
In Spring of 2021, we will open our first restaurant in Minneapolis, on the sacred banks of the Mississippi.
Owamni restaurant, founded by James Beard Award winners The Sioux Chef, is a new multi purpose restaurant concept featuring regional Indigenous foods on sacred Dakota land space.
Owamni is part of the MPRB WaterWorks project on the banks of the Mississippi River in downtown Minneapolis and will be the first year-round restaurant partner of the Minneapolis Park Systems.
We are seeking a General Manager to become a part of our leadership team to help us see our vision become a reality. The ideal candidate should be motivated to help us on our mission to bring access and awareness to the Indigenous perspective and the foods of our region. This person should be highly organized, have a passion for service, keen eye for quality, and able to grow and guide our future restaurant team.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take a hands-on leadership approach with all team members to drive the vision and direction of the company through an Indigenous perspective.
- Be accountable for all functional areas within your restaurant including full P&L, FOH/BOH Operations, Sales and Recruiting
- Set and uphold standards for quality in all areas, particularly food and service
- Motivate, coach, train and support restaurant team members and be willing to learn a unique Indigenous focused team development model
- Oversee quality control, customer interaction, menu execution, internal systems and program implementation
- Focus on problem solving and process improvement by leveraging restaurant resources
- Work closely with Executive Chef and Catering & Events Manager to develop respective programs
- 2 years’ experience as General Manager in a high-volume restaurant
- Familiarity with multi-concept restaurant offering both quick service and table service, as well as catering and on-site events
- Experience in developing and implementing systems within a new restaurant concept
- Must have an interest or experience in working with Indigenous foods and expanding knowledge in this area
- This person will be able to adapt to a new kind of restaurant culture, one that is culturally respectful, while still striving for excellence
- $60,000-65,000 annual starting salary based on your experience
- Paid time off
- Health benefits
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions