Ecommerce Food Writer Market Hall Foods
- Date Posted January 09, 2021
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Working as part of the Grocery team and reporting to the Grocery Department Manager, this position offers the opportunity to advance your food writing and experience in content management, channel management, ecommerce and digital marketing. As Ecommerce manager, you will lead and develop our markethallfoods.com online product offer and platform.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of specialty food and ingredients, with a passion for home or professional cooking, and loves nothing more to share that passion in writing. You have online retail experience and feel comfortable operating in the back-end of digital platforms. You are always thinking of how life can be made tastier, easier or better and you enjoy sharing that with others.
To be successful, you should be an imaginative, experienced writer and resourceful person who can successfully work both independently and collaboratively. You are a thoughtful decision-maker with excellent communication skills. You are organized and methodical in your approach, yet you find creative solutions to difficult problems. You have a can-do attitude and a passion for variety.
- Content development and flow design
- Storytelling and food writing to provide value to customers through our content
- Online merchandising of products, with the support of the grocery team
- Management and optimization of the online platform and related apps
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent food writer
- Enjoys cooking, either at-home or as professional chef
- Experience working with an e-commerce platform, ideally Shopify
- Competency and creativity in AI
- Photographic skills a plus
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Enjoys working as a team and open to the ideas of others
- Experience with Google SEO and Shopping Campaigns highly desirable
- Specialty food retailing experience a plus.