Cafe Manager Grand Central Bakery
- Date Posted January 09, 2021
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Grand Central Bakery ignited a bread revolution in 1989 by introducing rustic artisan loaves to Northwest tables. Values are at the heart of our company and sustainability touches everything we do - from where we buy ingredients to how we care for our employees and invest in our communities.
A Certified B Corporation, Grand Central Bakery is part of a global movement of organizations using business as a force for good.
As an essential business we have taken several measures to protect our employees and customers. All Grand Central Bakery employees receive reusable face masks, practice social distancing, use proper hand washing techniques, and have their temperature checked at the start of each shift. We have implemented practices including staggered breaks, strict room capacities, and frequent sanitation. In our cafes we are take-out only and have installed pick up windows and Plexiglas barriers to protect staff.Job description
Grand Central Bakery is now accepting applications for a Cafe Manager at our Wallingford Cafe in beautiful Seattle, Washington.
The Cafe Manager oversees all operations supporting Grand Central Bakery's mission to serve our customers delicious, authentic food made from high quality, local, and sustainable ingredients. Developing skilled and passionate employees who celebrate our customer's choice to purchase Grand Central products is a core responsibility.
The Cafe Manager is directly responsible for all cafe facilities, budgeting, and maintaining employee morale within the parameters of Grand Central's mission and financial goals.
Location: 1607 N 45th St., Seattle, WA 98103
Rate of Pay: $60,000 annual salary
Schedule: Full-time, typically 5 days per week. Scheduling flexibility is required, including weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicate an understanding of and passion for Grand Central Bakery's products, mission, vision, and values with team members and customers
- Act as the main expert, coach, and trainer for all café systems including: Scheduling, ChefTec, Vendor ordering, Payroll, ApplicantPro, Revel, and MS Office
- Regularly work all cafe positions to serve as the main expert, coach, and trainer
- Act as primary contact and support to the cafe team throughout the employee life cycle
- Manage labor to maintain excellent customer service while maximizing efficiency
- Clearly and accurately act as a conduit for the positive, constructive flow of information between upper management and the retail crew
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of managerial experience in a bakery, cafe, or quick casual restaurant
- A passion for delicious food and exceptional customer service
- Enthusiasm for and experience with developing employees
- Basic technical literacy including knowledge of Excel, Word, email, and the ability to learn new ordering and inventory systems
- Experience and expertise in all floor positions: customer service, barista, and sandwich production (pastry production experience a plus)
- Current food handler's card and knowledge of all health department regulations
The Cafe Manager is required to stand for up to 100% of the shift. The role necessitates working in a loud environment with frequent interruptions. This position may require lifting and carrying items up to 20 lbs. Procedures require a high-level of repetitive motion involving hands, wrists, arms and back.
This position works in a building containing a bakery and is constantly exposed to wheat flour dust and other grain dusts (rye, corn, oat).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous insurance contribution for employee and dependents
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Paid community time
- 401K plan
- Profit sharing
- Reimbursement for bike expenses
- Fun working environment
- Meal credit
- Opportunities for growth
- Free bread!
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline