Sales Representative Boonville Barn Collective
- Date Posted January 26, 2021
- Location Anywhere
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
We seek a motivated sales rep to increase sales of our product line in locations outside of the Anderson Valley, both brick and mortar and online. This will include continuing relationships with businesses that already carry BBC products as well as identifying, closing, and supporting untapped markets. This is a new role at the Boonville Barn Collective.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identify, close, and support new wholesale accounts. This individual will be the face of the farm for new accounts.
- Identify what marketing materials are needed to support their role including price sheets, sell sheets, info sheets, etc.
- Communicate with the farm office (Founders Krissy and Gideon) through Hubspot to ensure an outstanding customer experience and collaborative environment.
- Evaluate and leverage existing and potential online online marketplaces (i.e. Faire, Mable, Hubba, etc.).
- Participate in weekly check-in meetings with Krissy and Gideon to keep everyone in the loop, and keep in touch with what’s happening on the farm!
- Work with the farm team to identify product trends and potential new products (as a farm that grows everything ourselves our planning process/new product development is years long)
Geographic Area of Focus
The scope of sales will cover the United States, with a focus in California and the West Coast. Our product does best in smaller specialty stores where we can get owners/sales staff excited about our products, our farm, and what we do.
Location and Compensation
This position is remote, compensation includes a 10% commission on sales, plus $15 - $20/hour, up to 20 hours a week.
Our Ideal Candidate is/has:
- A strong and effective communicator
- Self motivated and action oriented
- Not afraid to pick up the phone to cold call new accounts
- Diligent, persistent and respectful in making the sale
- A strong attention to detail
- The ability to always act as a brand rep, sharing our story and mission.
- Previous experience in CPG sales and knowledge of food/grocery
- Knowledge of or network within the West Coast good food/specialty food markets
- An understanding of farming/agriculture
- Familiar with using tools like Hubspot
- A computer, strong internet connection, a cell phone, and a place to work at home
- Ability to visit stores nearby as necessary (once the pandemic subsides)