Production Manager Cafe Spice +2 more
- Date Posted March 02, 2021
- Location New Windsor, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Finding the balance between doing what you love and making time for fresh, healthy food is a challenge. Having origins in New York City, we understand how valuable your time is. That’s why we want to make it as easy as possible for you to access clean, nutritious food, and keep living your life.
We cook all of our meals in our USDA-certified facility in New York’s Hudson Valley. Making, managing and producing everything—from meats to veggies to spices—gives us the ability to deliver you the highest quality meals, always.
We’re also passionate about giving back to the planet, and building communities around food. That’s why we work with Whole Planet Foundation and Hudson Valley Food Bank to uplift underprivileged groups through the power of clean food. We’re also partners with the Global Animal Partnership, one of the largest animal welfare food labeling programs in North America, and the first prepared meal to be a part of the ASPCA’s Shop With Your Heart community which works with brands to improve the welfare of farm animals.
Our planet has so much to offer in terms of ingredients, flavors and culture. It’s our mission to bring those exotic flavors and clean food right to you—so you can add more adventure to your life. Job description
Responsible for leading the group to excel; ensuring and enhancing performance, and exceptional quality, (e.g. high yield, low disposals). Continuously review staffing levels, evaluating and optimizing resources (people and capital). Is responsible for working across the organization and with multiple departments and functions. Charged with creating a vision for the group, helping effect change, and setting the tone and creating an environment that fosters success.
- Supervises the entire production staff.
- Responsible for schedules and training of all Production staff members.
- Obtains the Par- Level Sheet daily to gain knowledge of what is in stock and what needs to be prepared for that day.
- Oversees that all departments have the necessary equipment and ingredients to continue the production process.
- Ensures that all production departments are working in a steady pace to meet deadlines.
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems.
- Determines and implements improvements to the production process.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Monitors and reviews the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Estimates production costs.
- Sets and manages production budgets.
- Implements cost control programs.
- Ensures efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management.
- Investigates reported accidents and initiates corrective action.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
- Bachelors Degree; 4 years experience in the food industry in similar role; Strong leadership and people management skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrated team management capabilities that can meet aggressive deadlines; Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bilingual preferable.
- Advanced math and literacy.
- Lift 50Lbs.
- Work walking and Standing when necessary.
- Perform very physical duties, including but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, and walking.
- Conversant in English.
- ERP experience a plus.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline