Quality Control Technician Cafe Spice +2 more
- Date Posted March 02, 2021
- Location New Windsor, NY
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Finding the balance between doing what you love and making time for fresh, healthy food is a challenge. Having origins in New York City, we understand how valuable your time is. That’s why we want to make it as easy as possible for you to access clean, nutritious food, and keep living your life.
We cook all of our meals in our USDA-certified facility in New York’s Hudson Valley. Making, managing and producing everything—from meats to veggies to spices—gives us the ability to deliver you the highest quality meals, always.
We’re also passionate about giving back to the planet, and building communities around food. That’s why we work with Whole Planet Foundation and Hudson Valley Food Bank to uplift underprivileged groups through the power of clean food. We’re also partners with the Global Animal Partnership, one of the largest animal welfare food labeling programs in North America, and the first prepared meal to be a part of the ASPCA’s Shop With Your Heart community which works with brands to improve the welfare of farm animals.
Our planet has so much to offer in terms of ingredients, flavors and culture. It’s our mission to bring those exotic flavors and clean food right to you—so you can add more adventure to your life. Job description
Perform inspections, checks, test, and sampling procedures of incoming raw materials, process control, perform review of product history records for release of finished goods.
- Perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation and warehousing functions of the company, including pre-operational checks, sanitation verification, label checks, environmental testing, product (micro and chemistry) testing, and net weigh product checks, package integrity checks and organoleptic test.
- Calibrate test equipment
- Schedule and execute sample submission to external lab
- Receive and document batch testing results from external laboratory
- Maintain accurate and organized records of QA activities
- Maintain organized inventory of retained products
- Monitor HACCP critical control points as instructed
- Participate in preparation of 3rd party audits
- Maintain a register of in-house product deficiencies or deviation
- Other duties as assigned
Food Safety Responsibilities:
Secondary: QC Supervisor
- Perform quality checks of raw materials and finished goods
- Check concentrations of chemicals and effectiveness of sanitation programs
- Perform DO's of monitoring activities
- Conduct inspection and execute corrective actions information has been provided and reviewed
- Ensure GMP's and proper Personnel Practices are adhered to at all times
Qualified candidates for this position will be HACCP certified and posses a minimum of 1 - 3 years experience working in the food industry in similar role. Knowledge of food safety principles, GMP's, USDA, FDA, CFR's, SSOP's, SQF. Work walking and Standing when necessary. Perform very physical duties, including but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, and walking. Basic math and literacy. Ability to understand and operate basic product testing equipment. High level of organizational skills, including written and verbal communication, creative problem solving, and commitment to company goals. Research Skills. Entrepreneurial attitude towards continuous improvements to food safety systemsCompensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline