Farm/Grocery Organic Redneck LLC
- Date Posted April 03, 2021
- Location Leaburg, OR
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
The Farm Stand Manager’s role is to lead a staff and operate the farms 60+ year old roadside farm store. Our store, located along the beautiful McKenzie, between Leaburg and Vida. The Farm Stand Manager will be working to bring the freshest organic produce to the local community. The Farm Stand Manager will bring warmth, and positivity to the workplace, and help infuse the store with a hopeful, healthful and exuberant energy. We see the farm stand as an anchor business in our McKenzie Valley. The Farm Stand Manager will be helping to create and sustain a place that all people can come to, see where their food is grown, tour the fields and then purchase foods to bring home. Many people also come to pick the fruits themselves with our u-pick options.
We are looking for someone with retail sales experience as well as experience working with produce, merchandising, and managing staff. inventory, products, display, promotions, events, and staff scheduling.
- The Farm Stand Manager will need to work with our Productions Manager and Owner to hire or rehire the additional staff for season. Training staff with the Farm Owner will be ongoing.
- Work with the current staffing plan, create a schedule that works for staff. Manager will cover certain shifts personally. There is a constant staffing recalibration as the season progresses.
- You will work with the existing staffing plan, but adjustments may also need to be made.
- The Farm Owner will work with the Farm Stand Manager to make adjustments where necessary.
Product and inventory management:
- Work with our Production Manager and Sales Manager as well as consult sales history to determine quantities of produce needed, either from farm or to order from other suppliers.
- Farm Stand Manager will place orders, paying attention to the monthly budget for purchasing products. Also check with farm stand “standards” to determine if new products can or should be added. Monitor inventory and minimize spoilage.
- Communicate with The Sales Manager about quantities needed for farm stand on a weekly basis. Farm Manager is encouraged to evolve the store offerings with assistance from the rest of the team.
- Ensure grounds are clean, cared for and presentable to the public. This will require some garden work, trimming of shrubs and weeding, edging, mulching watering etc.
- Communicate with Production Manager or Equipment Operators for mowing, and other equipment work on grounds.
- Ensure parking areas are clean, and people are parking appropriately, improve signage to help with this.
- Additional u-pick grounds work:
Must monitor the inventory in u-pick fields. Monitor weeds like nettles and blackberries, grass etc for u-pick ease. Let the Production Manager know if additional field work needs to be done.
Advertising, Signage and promotion
- Manager will ensure good signage is posted on the road side, and around the farm. For parking clarification, off limits areas, closed, information, and other details.
- Signage in the farm stand is crucial and needs to be managed intentionally. Ensure all signs are attractive, legible and accurate. Create big special signs on items on sale or that are peak season and worthy of promotion.
- Manager will help post advertisements per promotion calendar and budget
Interior Displays, layout and flow.
- Farm Stand manager will work with current fixtures to create the ideal layout and display.
- Work with the Farm Owner if additional fixtures or supplies are needed.
Repairs and Maintenance.
- Ensure that all coolers, freezers are working properly.
- Work with Farm Owner or with farm Repairs And Maintenance person to address repairs and maintenance of equipment.
- Manage pest issues like rodents, fruit flies, etc.
- Manage to ensure daily deposits are happening correctly.
- Handle refunds when necessary.
- Handle special orders.
- Produce handling or produce department experience
- Merchandising experience
- Staff management experience
- Basic Microsoft Word Suite/Google Suite skills
- Basic Ipad and POS system understanding
- Great phone skills
- Great people skills
- Local farm knowledge
- Organic practices awareness
Additional Skills desired
- Box truck driving (for picking up product orders)
- Artistic ability, especially great penmanship
- Web and email design experience
- Organic farming experience
April-May 24-32 hours/week:
May-October 40 hour/week
Nov,December 16-24 hours/week
Starting Salary is $15+ per hour DOE
- Bonus paid at end of year, based off of farm financial goals being met.
- After 2 years employees qualify for retirement, continued educational fund.
- 10% farm stand employee discount for non farm grown and value added items.
- Access to plenty of fresh produce
- Sick leave is provided in accordance with Oregon Law.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 15, 2021