Sous Chef VOLANTE FARMS
- Date Posted April 06, 2021
- Location Needham, MA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Volante Farms in Needham, MA is a place for all seasons. As a fourth-generation family run farm, farm stand, and garden center it has over one hundred years in the community-- specializing in homegrown and locally grown produce, ornamental and vegetable plants and seasonal decorations. More recently, several new departments were added as part of a large renovation. These include a locally sourced grocery department, butcher shop, seasonal ice cream stand and a still growing food service component including a deli, bakery, coffee shop, and two kitchens preparing food for retail sales; soups, salads, and sandwiches; catering for businesses and family events; pastries and desserts.
We are looking for a full-time, experienced Sous Chef to join our growing team and run our Café Kitchen! The Sous Chef will report to the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine but will run the day-to-day operations of the Café Kitchen. The Café Kitchen is open for breakfast and lunch seven days a week. Our goal is to make great food using great ingredients, focusing on scratch cooking, and using our homegrown produce. We are a 30-acre farm with an abundance of vegetables and herbs available to use during the growing season.
We are looking to hire an individual with a strong work ethic to manage a team of five ASAP. Apply today!
- Adheres to the production schedule and ensures all tasks are complete on time.
- Understands the importance of portion control and presentation and follows all guidelines which are set by the Executive Chef.
- Makes sure the kitchen team sets up stations properly and maintain clean work areas.
- Makes sure workstations, walk-ins and other kitchen areas are organized.
- Prepares and teaches staff to prepare food to recipe and produces high quality product to company standards.
- Works with Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef on controlling food costs through limiting waste and proper ordering.
- Assists in recipe development when assigned tasks.
- Adheres to safety standards whether it is in storing or preparing food.
- Adheres to sanitation and health guidelines.
- Assists with making sure that all food stations and walk-in coolers are clean and organized.
- Communicates with the Executive Chef on any issues that arise.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management
- Cooking procedures
- Delegating and team coaching abilities
- Safe food handling
- Ability to frequently lift up to 80 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent desired but not required
- 4+ years of kitchen experience
- 4+ years of prior line cook experience
- 3 + years in a supervisory role
- Job type(s): full-time
- Pay: depending on experience
- Pay frequency: weekly
- 401(k) matching
- Profit sharing plan
- Employee discount
- Health insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Paid time off
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Company's website: www.volantefarms.com
COVID-19 Precaution(s): Our store has adopted numerous policies to ensure the protection and safety of our employees and customers due to the COVID crisis including required face coverings for all persons on the premises and a cap for total customers allowed in the store.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $17.00 - $20.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline