Office Manager/Business Manager The League of Kitchens
- Date Posted April 22, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Education
- Job type Part-Time
The League of Kitchens is a culinary dream-team of women from around the world who will welcome you into their homes, teach you their family recipes, and inspire you with their personal stories. In normal life (non-Covid-19 time), we offer culturally immersive cooking classes in New York City. We have now moved our classes online!
We opened in NYC in 2014. We currently have 14 instructors from all over the world, and have taught thousands of students from the U.S. and abroad.
Through this experience, we seek to build cross-cultural connection and understanding, and to increase access to traditional cooking knowledge.
The League of Kitchens has been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Oprah Magazine, the Chew, Tasting Table, Saveur, The Splendid Table, and Time Out New York, among others. Saveur called our online classes “The multi-cultural cooking school you've been waiting for.”
We're looking for a smart, big-hearted, self-directed, hard-working, responsible, flexible, and detail-oriented individual to manage our payroll, insurance, financial tracking, and various other important administrative processes. Work will be done remotely with regular video meeting check-ins with the League of Kitchens CEO.
We promise that you’ll have lots of opportunities to learn and grow, to meet amazing people, to cook/eat incredible food, and to contribute in meaningful and substantive ways.
- Set up a payroll system of part-time employees (rather than independent contractors only) including setting up all necessary insurance, reporting, filing, etc.
- Managing monthly payroll.
- Tracking expenses and preparing documents for our bookkeeper.
- Managing and tracking our various insurance policies.
- Managing and organizing documents for insurance audits.
- Tracking and managing various kinds of government filings.
- Tracking and managing tax related documents.
- Tracking and managing contracts of various kinds.
- Miscellaneous admin work.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have professional experience in most, if not all of these areas.
- You’re super organized, dependable, responsible, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- You love creating systems and processes that work, and you love to hone and improve those systems and processes.
- You’re self-directed and self-motivated. You’re as happy working on your own as you are collaborating with others. You take initiative and go the extra mile. You’re good at prioritizing and organizing workflow, and juggling multiple tasks. You’re always trying to find ways to improve your work and your process.
- You’re flexible and adaptive and have a great sense of humor.
- You connect easily with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Hours: 5-15 hours/month.
Pay: $25/hr (plus unlimited free cooking workshops).
Location: You will work remotely with regular video meeting check-ins with the LoK Founder/CEO.
Start Date: ASAPCompensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Location job can be done remotely Application instructions