Warehouse and Operations Support Catskills Food Hub
- Date Posted May 25, 2021
- Location Liberty, NY
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Located in Liberty, New York, at the Catskills Food Hub we create community building partnerships with local farmers and producers of some of the highest quality great-tasting and wholesomely grown foods. We are a growing social enterprise that uses food to enhance health, productivity and happiness. We believe that freshly sourced food together with unparalleled service and meaningful enrichment programs can transform lives. Operating a digital local food marketplace is what we do, but what we achieve together with our customers, partners and dedicated team has a lasting Impact on our local economy.Job description
What You'll Do
- Assists the warehouse operations team in the production of checking in inventory, filling orders, breaking down product, stocking and some driving.
We are team driven and pitch in to get the job done, working together with respect for all tasks needed.
- Previous experience related to food and or farming is really helpful. We work with produce, meats and all sorts of dairy.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with a hospitality spirit to help and support others.
- Great communication skills, including written, digital, and verbal. Attention to detail must be exceptional to give great customer service.
- A can-do and eager to learn new things attitude is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds waist to chest on occation which translates into a bag of carrots or potatoes.
-The ability to stand for 5 plus hours while working.
-Be able to work in cold conditions, working in walk-in refrigeration and freezers on packing days.
- Clean Drivers record and license.
-Driving a Cargo Van to deliver to locations throughout the Catskills when needed.