Executive Chef Urban Cowboy Lodge +1 more
- Date Posted June 26, 2021
- Location Big Indian, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Who we are...a group of passionate hospitality professionals who thrive while working with good people in extraordinary places. The Lodge is set on 68-acres in the Catskills within the Big Indian Wilderness of upstate New York. Our expansive open-air spaces, warm hospitality, and eclectic rustic aesthetic create the ideal place for an escape.
The Lodge is a place of human connection, where people arrive as strangers and leave as friends. Our culture is entrepreneurial, team-orientated, and respectful, yet fun and creative. We believe that empowered passionate people who are aligned in spirit and vision create extraordinary results. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and establish yourself as an Executive Chef at Urban Cowboy Lodge.Job description
After a successful launch of our Food & Beverage program at Urban Cowboy Lodge, our opening chef will be phasing out and we are on the hunt for a new Executive Chef to lead the experience at our neighborhood restaurant in the woods.
Who we’re looking for...a creative, thoughtful, and confident leader who exemplifies our culture and is excited to continue building a business with us. Someone who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty, do the work and read the manual when necessary. Someone that sees themselves enjoying the quieter life in the Catskills.
We have opened two outlets within our hotel that have seen immense growth with great reception in the local and transient community over the past 6 months. In the Parlor, we serve a veg-forward menu with intentional use of proteins, live-fire cooking/smoking and local sourcing from the surrounding farms as a paramount piece of the equation.
Your core responsibilities...
- Manage, grow and mentor the culinary team with a focus on succession planning, sustainable management, and a culture of excellence in execution
- Working stations side-by-side as needed to support your team as well as constant mentorship and training
- Manage day-to-day operations, upholding quality and sanitation standards; build standard operating procedures to ensure continuity in service; oversight of inventory and ordering processes
- Own the financial success of the culinary department; appropriately set menu pricing, mind food costs and inventories; set staffing levels with profit in mind
- Analysis and comprehension of Profit & Loss reports
- Execute a three-meal dining experience, Sunday programming and support for small group events on property (<20) with the occasional larger event (50+).
- Proven success managing and mentoring team members a must
- Ability to multi-task and remain cool under pressure a must
5+ years in a leadership positions in a full-service culinary operation
Benefits and Perks
- Employer pays up to 75% of Health, Vision and Dental insurance premium
- Competitive compensation with bonus eligibility
- 2 weeks PTO, 5 personal days
- Dining and hotel discounts
- Shared management housing provided
Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions