Deli Manager Palace Market
- Date Posted July 26, 2021
- Location Point Reyes Station, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Palace Market in Point Reyes Station seeks an enthusiastic and caring leader to manage our deli and/or kitchen.
- Lead our team in the continued revision and expansion of our offerings. Keeping product selection in line with, or ahead of, customer expectations.
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example. Train, mentor, and supervise all new and existing team members. Appraise their performance and provide feedback to keep them engaged and productive.
- Continually assess and improve profitability.
- Ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and raw ingredients.
- Track compliance with sanitation and safety regulations. Ensure all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working order through personal inspection and by following manufacturer’s suggested maintenance schedules.
- Fill in where needed to ensure excellent guest service standards and efficient operations.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 3+ years of verifiable foodservice leadership experience.
- Has a provable track record of maintaining a professional working environment in their kitchens/FOH.
- Adores making other humans feel cared for and happy.
- Proactive and works well under pressure.
- Relishes the R&D process.
- Celebrates successes, analyzes failures, and relentlessly seeks new ways to better your product, team, and kitchen.
- Embraces and champions change.
Please note that we operate in a tourist-heavy region, which means weekend and holiday availability is an absolute must.
Benefits: 40% employee discount, Kaiser medical insurance, dental/vision insurance, matched 401(k), educational opportunities, and more.
COVID-19 considerations: Masks are encouraged, but not currently required for both customers and employees. We're proud to have a 100% vaccinated team and provide onsite testing at regular intervals.
We look forward to hearing from you!