Ecommerce General Manager Levain Bakery +19 more
- Date Posted July 29, 2021
- Location Queens, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
**$1000 sign on bonus potential**
Competitive swimmers and triathletes, Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald passed their grueling workouts by engaging in passionate conversations about starting their own company and baking, which ultimately inspired them to leave their respective careers in fashion and finance. They opened a small bread shop in 1995, which they named Levain Bakery.
One day, they created an ultimate chocolate chip walnut cookie to give them energy while training for a triathlon. They decided to sell a batch in their bakery, and they flew off the shelves. An icon was born. The cozy shop on West 74th Street in New York City quickly became a neighborhood favorite and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world, hungry for the world-famous six-ounce cookies.
From the start they baked everything fresh on-site each day and donated the day’s leftovers to charity each night, actions that remain solidly in place almost 25 years later. Levain Bakery now has nine locations with more to come, plus ecommerce gift boxes, and more delicious bites of joy in the works!
We strive every day to embody our company’s five core values: Community, Fun, Integrity, Kindness, and Heart and are excited to welcome new team members to help bring a little piece of Levain cookie love to recipients in New York and beyond!Job description
THE ROLE: ECOMMERCE GENERAL MANAGER (LONG ISLAND CITY, QUEENS)
**$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS potential**
The Ecommerce General Manager will lead the team that supports Levain’s rapidly growing ecommerce business. We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven individual to direct and manage our ecommerce operations team and to develop and implement effective business strategies and practices.
Duties for the general manager will include production management, allocating resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring, and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors and cross-functional teams, hiring and training employees, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining relationships internally and externally, increasing staff productivity and business efficiency, and improving service.The ideal candidate is an excellent manager and coach with exceptional organizational and administrative abilities as well as an excellent communicator. A sweet tooth and passion for Levain’s products and culture are a must!
What you’ll do:
• Foster a safe, supportive, and inclusive work environment for everyone who works at Levain; our people are at the core of our success, both supporting one another and genuinely enjoying the time they spend together. As we grow, maintaining that sense of community is incredibly important!
• Provide effective direction and coordination of all operational activities.
• Build structured business processes and SOPs for efficient business practices and continuous improvement, as well as ensure teams are trained accordingly.
• Deliver outstanding customer service in the form of on time, in full delivery of ecommerce orders for consumers and corporate customers. Schedule production, staffing, replenishment and resourcing and talent development accordingly to satisfy demand.
• Coach and develop team members, helping to identify and address areas of improvement as well as cultivating high-potential team members; partner with Human Resources as necessary.
• Oversee team operations, assigning or adjusting roles on the production line, streamlining processes, and action-planning steps needed to reach goals. Manage a team of full time and seasonal staff members.
• Coordinate team coverage and scheduling, timesheet verification, inventory, purchasing, and supplier relations.
• Manage and maintain all cost centers, develop cost-savings programs, and utilize financial reporting tools to drive results and make recommendations for changes. Identify opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness improvements en route to delivering an outstanding consumer and employee experience.
• Problem-solve and work alongside the team during peak periods, filling in where most needed.
• Serve as a Levain ambassador, liaising with customers interested in purchasing corporate gifts and resolving customer service concerns.
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum of five years of management experience, ideally in the food industry or in another ecommerce/production-focused role.
• Experience with Shopify (or similar) Ecommerce Platform for order placing, and experience with ShipStation (or similar) shipping.
• Food Handler’s/Food Protection License required.
• Passion for what you do –you love both the people and business sides of the food industry and are great at problem solving around challenges in either area.
• Agility, Adaptability and flexibility – you recognize that in the food industry, anything can – and will – happen and you’re able to calmly troubleshoot issues.
• Eye for detail – you understand how to break down larger goals into day-to-day action and are inherently meticulous. You’re an efficiency whiz and can quickly assess how a process could be streamlined or improved.
• Collaborative spirit and commitment to Levain’s core values – you’re a team player and willing to lend a hand or elevate those around you. You add your own individuality to an already positive and uplifting work environment. A good sense of humor doesn’t hurt either!
• Full-time; scheduling flexibility with weekend availability required
- Dynamic work environment with a warm and supportive team
- Health, vision, dental insurance with employer-funded HRA
- Additional supplemental benefits: transit benefits, dependent care account, pet insurance, etc.
- Paid time off (after waiting period)
- 401K with company match (after waiting period)
- Opportunity for career development
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline