Junior Bookkeeper/Office Admin Natoora (US)
- Date Posted July 29, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Natoora is committed to revolutionizing the supply of fruit & vegetables and actively shaping the future of food for the better. We have spent over ten years connecting capital cities with flavors that would otherwise be lost forever. Delivering truly seasonal produce to over 1300 restaurants in London, New York, Paris and Milan, we count amongst our customers some of the world’s most influential chefs.
We also actively seek to re-educate the way people think about and consume fruit & vegetables. Our goal is to create a more meaningful and responsible food system that preserves seed varieties, growing techniques and traditions that are threatened by modern industrial farming and supermarket culture.Job description We are looking for a Junior Bookkeeper / General Administrator finance hire in our NY subsidiary. This position will report to the General Manager and to the Financial Controller.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To support the NY General manager in general administrative task and to support the UK Financial controller with regards to the bookkeeping and administrative work related the Natoora US Inc.
- To receive, check and book all our suppliers’ invoices into our accounting system (QuickBooks).
- To pay suppliers on time and according to our cashflow plan.
- To use QuickBooks to send customers notices of payments and statements.
- Be confident to call customers who are late and politely request for payments.
- To deposit checks and run small errands (trips to the Post Office)
- Liaise with our external accountant to ensure AP/AR postings are correctly reflected in our accounts.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide to our external accountants.
- Support our month-end and year-end close process
- Strong excel
- An interest in the food industry, farming, restaurants and healthy eating.
- Ability to build relations and thrive working with a small team
- Demonstrated ability to interact and negotiate with clients
- Proven attention to detail and numerical skills
- A desire to build a career in accounting / finance that must be supported by what you have studied
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and a familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus
Pay: $58,500.00 - $65,000.00 per year
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline