Chocolate Shop Position Heavenly Chocolate
- Date Posted August 15, 2021
- Location Northampton, MA
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Part-Time
Hi! We're a tiny team of 2-3 employees who recently took over our shop. We're searching for a few team members to join us at our chocolate shop and kitchen to help put together gift boxes, man the chocolate counter, and produce our pieces. With a small crew, everyone ends up doing a bit of everything. Some details about the day-to-day and who we’re looking for:
- Counter Sales - You’ll be working our kiosk inside Thornes Marketplace to help customers prepare gift boxes of truffles and caramels. Cash handling experience is great, but experience with specialized sales (wine, coffee, cheese, books, etc.) would be ideal. You'll come to learn chocolate flavor profiles and learn the ins-and-outs of every bar.
- Customer Service - You’ll be working with customers one-on-one to help pick out gifts, so people skills will go a long way. You have a knack for making bad days better and can handle tough interactions with grace.
- Working Solo - Our space is small and most shifts will be working alone for extended periods of time. You’ll be expected to work independently for long periods with little direction, keeping the kiosk/kitchen tidy, and completing assigned tasks. It’d be great if you have solo opening/closing experience (some places would call this keyholding).
- Kitchen Work (a plus if you have it, no worries if you don’t) - These are pretty repetitive “prep” sort of tasks like rolling out marzipan, cutting caramel, and hand-dipping chocolates. There are also times where we get creative, work with color, and create new truffles. Food service experience will go a long way (pastry/confection would go even further), but is not a requirement — we all learned how to do this on the job.
- COVID-19 Safety - You’ll need to review and agree to our COVID-19 Protocols upon hiring (social distancing, sanitizing, reporting symptoms, etc.) to ensure a safe working environment for all.
- You’re, Y’know…a Living Breathing Person - You have hobbies and passions and dreams and values. You work well with others and can appreciate their strengths/flaws, as well as your own.
Hours available will vary depending on business needs and what you're looking for. We expect either part-time or potentially full-time work to be available depending on the applicant. We are usually slower during the summer months and progressively get busier as we enter Fall. Please note we do expect this person to stay on after the summer ends, but we can work around college student schedules for the right person. We do ask for at least one weekend day available (Friday thru Sunday)....but again, we are Not Robots and will happily make adjustments for the right candidate.
Please note that we typically do not follow up if you’re not selected for an interview. Please do not call for updates...we really truly do review every single application!
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline