Line Cook The Study at University City
- Date Posted September 20, 2021
- Location Phildelphia, PA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The 212-room hotel features areas of discovery and connection placed throughout for purposeful guest interaction, including three custom designed museum cases showcasing artifacts from nearby museums, custom writing desks complete with postcards to encouraging guests to connect with family and friends postage free, and a European-inspired café. Guestrooms and public spaces are designed around a bright, uplifting palette, reflective of contemporary residential living.
The hotel consists of 7,000-square-feet of event and light-filled social catering spaces, including an impressive banquet salon and a suite of oversized conference studios, with event terraces that allow guests to experience the vibrancy of University City with impressive campus and city views.
The Study at University City offers CO-OP Restaurant & Lounge, an energetic restaurant featuring great food and spirited hospitality positioned at the bustling corner of 33rd and Chestnut Streets.
For more information, visit our websites or follow along on Instagram. Job description
CO-OP Restaurant and Lounge is currently seeking a Line Cook to provide genuine hospitality and the highest quality of service to our guests. The ideal candidate is curious and desires to constantly increase their knowledge of traditional cooking techniques in a guest-centered service environment.
Our caring and attentive associates reinforce our principal belief that guest service is our highest priority. We have opportunities for energetic, service-oriented individuals who are experienced in providing efficient service and memorable experiences.
- Provide the highest and most efficient level of hospitality and customer service expected by our guests.
- Under the direction of Restaurant Management, follow recipes, directions, and cook menu items in cooperation within a team environment.
- Complete the setup and breakdown of a section, including detailed cleaning of the work area and surrounding areas.
- Maintain the food quality to the Chef’s standards; ensure a consistent product each time.
- Explain menu items to Front of House team members, understand allergy concerns, and answer general inquiries. Maintain accurate knowledge of all menu items and beverage programs.
- Be a team player, assist others when and where necessary to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Strong desire to continually learn and the ability to maintain a courteous demeanor.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience: 2+ years experience in a fine dining or upscale casual environment.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Flexibility to work any shift, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English required. A second language is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills, including follow-up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to positively communicate and interact with all hotel departments.
- Ability to grasp, lift and or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Study Hotels is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug test and background check required. We are committed to having an open dialogue about prior infractions.
CO-OP Restaurant & Lounge, connected to The Study at University City, is an energetic restaurant featuring great food and spirited hospitality positioned at the bustling corner of 33rd and Chestnut Streets.
Eligible full-time team members are offered a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off, and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan and Employee Assistance Program.
Study Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, religion, disability, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline