Lead Cheesemaker Shelburne Farms
- Date Posted September 21, 2021
- Location Shelburne, VT
- Category Nonprofit / Production
- Job type Full-Time
We care about the sustainability and quality of life on earth. We care about young people having hope for the future. We believe that sustainability is grounded in individual awareness and action in our own communities. Our vision is for a just world rooted in stewardship and community. Job description Come join the cheese team at Shelburne Farms! We are currently seeking a motivated, dependable, hard-working, quality-focused cheesemaker to help produce our award-winning farmstead cheddar cheese.
Primary duties include:
- Cheese production throughout every step of the process from the arrival of milk to final press.
- Participation in cleaning, sanitation, record keeping, and food safety.
- Cheese processing, including cutting, waxing, packaging, and labeling for retail sale.
- Assisting in performing order fulfillment and shipping, especially during the holiday season.
- Sales and marketing assistance at farmers markets, demos, food shows, and farm programs.
- Cheesemaking or milk and cheese chemistry experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, cleaning and sanitation, and food safety is preferred.
- Significant physical strength and endurance, including the ability to lift 50+ lbs repetitively. Includes long days on your feet working in hot and cold environments such as makerooms and coolers.
- Team player that is flexible, hardworking and wants to learn more about the art and science of cheesemaking.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline