Cheesemaking & Processing Assistant Shelburne Farms
- Date Posted September 21, 2021
- Location Shelburne, VT
- Category Nonprofit / Production
- Job type Full-Time
We care about the sustainability and quality of life on earth. We care about young people having hope for the future. We believe that sustainability is grounded in individual awareness and action in our own communities. Our vision is for a just world rooted in stewardship and community. Job description Come join the cheese team at Shelburne Farms! We are currently seeking a motivated, dependable, hardworking, quality focused assistant cheesemaker to help produce our award-winning farmhouse raw milk cheddar cheese.
Primary Duties Include:
- Assist the Lead Cheesemakers in producing our cheddar cheese. This includes cheddaring, salting, hooping, unhooping, moving cheese, cleaning and sanitizing.
- Assist with cheese Processing. This includes cutting, waxing, vacuum sealing, printing labels, wrapping, cleaning and sanitizing. Attention to detail is required for accurate lot coding, counting and recording of all cheese blocks and pieces.
- Transport milk from the dairy to the makeroom with our milk hauling truck.
- Assist in performing order fulfillment and shipping, especially during the holiday season.
- Participate in the weekly tastings for our Grading and Sensory Program.
- Attention to detain and a strong work ethic are crucial.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, cleaning and sanitation, and food safety is preferred, but not required.
- Team player that is flexible, hardworking and wants to learn more about the art and science of cheesemaking.
- Significant physical strength and endurance, including the ability to lift 50+ lbs repetitively. Includes long days on your feet working in hot and cold environments such as makerooms and coolers.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline