Communications & Social Media lead Wally Farms
- Date Posted September 22, 2021
- Location Hudson, NY
- Category Education / Media
- Job type Full-Time
The climate crisis is the biggest threat and opportunity for humanity. We are exploring new ways of living and land stewardship aimed at reducing atmospheric carbon.
This farm is a living research project on how to build a collaborative food system that benefits the climate, ecology and eater.
To ensure accessibility of this model we are committed to providing open source education throughout the process, offering diversified programs and agritourism offerings.
In our work, we seek to solicit redistribution of land and resources and uplift those already working to build a regenerative community. We are throwing away the rule book, welcoming unorthodox approaches of how to farm and connect.
We are an arm of the Spark of Hudson - a community learning hub that provides open source educational content, developed in collaboration with local partners.Job description *This position is probationary for the period of three months. We call this the ‘getting to know each other’ phase. For the first three months, the selected candidate will be hired as a freelancer at the set rate of $21per/hr for 38hours of work. This is also an opportunity for training and development in certain programs if required. Following probation, the role will be re-evaluated with potential to transition to the full-time salary position with benefits. Base salary is $38,000+/year.
- Work within a mutual aid organization dedicated to sparking connections between people and the resources they need to empower and regenerate Community.
- Assist in driving the development of the public image for Spark of Hudson (including Wally Farms, HudsonUp and Eutopia)
- Use specialized communications and marketing skill set to convey our work to the public
- Use creative storytelling skills to create engaging content
- Assist with administrative tasks related to programming and events.
About Spark of Hudson:
We are a community learning hub that provides open source educational content, developed in collaboration with local partners.
Our current system undervalues the facilitation of knowledge sharing and does not uplift those working towards a more collaborative model. We aim to do it differently.
We believe the key to to building an inspired, dynamic community is the free exchange of knowledge and resources. That is why we work to activate a mutual aid economy; an economy of exchange motivated by the collective desire to improve community, care for one another and change political conditions.
Through our work we aim to Learn, Create and Activate.
Learn: Providing open source educational content, programs and workshops.
Create: Provide an incubator for new ideas on how to live differently
Activate: Provide our community with the resources necessary to implement ideas and projects that contribute to a mutual aid economy. In doing so, we aim to uplift and promote the work of others.
HudsonUp is a universal basic income pilot program that offers $500 per month of unrestricted funding to 75 recipients in a weighted lottery. HudsonUp is funded by The Spark of Hudson.
Role and Responsibilities
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Manage all social media accounts
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media for all platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Maintain website updates
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Develop and maintain a unique tone of voice for each of the three accounts: The Spark of Hudson, Wally Farms and HudsonUp
- Collaborate with team leaders at The Spark, Wally Farms and HudsonUp to create a long term content calendar using a scheduling program
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Ensure regular content updates to build an accessible e-library of our free, educational programs.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1+ years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprinklr etc)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tool (preferred but willing to train up)
- Desire to work within a mutual aid network
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Compensation this position is : salaried, 35k-50k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineNovember 10, 2021