Staff Accountant - Payroll Focus Partners Coffee +1 more
- Date Posted October 11, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Partners Coffee is a coffee roasting business with e-commerce, wholesale and retail stores. You will be reporting to our Financial Controller to assist with our accounting processes. Your focus will be on Payroll, Sales Tax, Reconciliation of bank / merchant accounts, and Inventory including forecasting. You will have at least 3 years experience running payroll - a knowledge of Paychex would be great. You will assist in administration and documentation of permitting and HR.
Our ideal candidate is an accountant with strong financial skills and the ability to start and finish projects. They are professional, organized, and like to solve problems. They will have worked in the manufacturing or eCommerce sector as a Financial Manager. Retail sector or startup experience is a benefit.
We are a growing company with scrappy roots, we roll up our sleeves and as such you will work directly with most departments. You will need to learn some new skills and sometimes do things differently we hope you will bring us new ideas and teach us new tricks. You will be working with a small highly energetic and passionate team that love what they do.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Manage Paychex
* Manage Sales Tax reconciliation using Avalara
* Reconciliation of multiple bank accounts and company credit cards
* Inventory and Cogs analysis and forecasting we use Square, Shopify, Quickbooks, R365 (a plus if you have knowledge of Cin7) - we are moving to Netsuite
* Manage intercompany transactions reconciliations
* General admin close of monthly accounts and other admin including permitting, registrations etc.
* Experience in similar Finance or Accounting role within an organization, preferably in multi-unit business model
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of accounting principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
* Hands-on experience with Paychex, Quickbooks, Shopify, Netsuite applications a benefit
* BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
* 10 days of Paid Time Off, plus your birthday (increases with tenure)
* 5 days of Sick Leave
* 8 Observed Federal Holidays
* Medical, vision, and dental insurance
* Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
* All the free coffee you could ever want!
This role is currently remote, however once our office re-opens you will be in our office, which is a small very caffeinated group of great people, so you need to be able to work in person in Brooklyn, New York.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions