Customer Experience Specialist Levain Bakery +18 more
- Date Posted October 13, 2021
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Competitive swimmers and triathletes, Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald passed their grueling workouts by engaging in passionate conversations about starting their own company and baking, which ultimately inspired them to leave their respective careers in fashion and finance. They opened a small bread shop in 1995, which they named Levain Bakery.
One day, they created an ultimate chocolate chip walnut cookie to give them energy while training for a triathlon. They decided to sell a batch in their bakery, and they flew off the shelves. An icon was born. The cozy shop on West 74th Street quickly became a neighborhood favorite and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world, hungry for the world-famous six-ounce cookies.
From the start they baked everything fresh on-site each day and donated the day’s leftovers to charity each night, actions that remain solidly in place almost 25 years later. Levain Bakery now has locations across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic with more to come, plus ecommerce gift boxes, and delicious bites of cookie joy in grocery stores nationwide.
We strive every day to embody our company’s five core values: Community, Fun, Integrity, Kindness, and Heart and are excited to welcome new team members to help bring a little piece of Levain cookie love to recipients in New York and beyond!Job description
THE ROLE: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST (NEW YORK CITY; FLEXIBLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE)
As Levain grows, we want to ensure our customers still receive the same kindness, warmth, and attention that they received when we were a small one-bakery operation. The Customer Engagement Specialist will act as the voice of Levain Bakery to all customers throughout each touchpoint of their journey with us (Retail, E-commerce, Grocery). The Customer Engagement Specialist will help troubleshoot issues, educating customers and responding to frequently asked questions, directing calls and inquiries to the appropriate resources, assisting with our business’s presence on select digital platforms and assisting with ad-hoc projects to support our corporate team, which we affectionately call the Cookie Suite. The ideal candidate will be a strong verbal and written communicator, a natural self-starter, and have a long-term interest in hospitality and/or customer service.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Serve as the first point of contact for our bakeries, ecommerce, and grocery fielding a high volume of customer questions and concerns via phone and email.
· Provide swift and thorough solutions for customers that promote brand loyalty and advocacy via emails & phones – with an open mind to new channels as the business grows (i.e. live chat, SMS, etc.)
· Be cross-trained on customer service for all business channels to support inbound and outbound customer support during periods of high volume and key brand moments (holidays, Easter, new business openings, etc.).
· Assist the team in responding to our online community via Facebook, Instagram, and Google/Yelp reviews as needed.
· Potentially assist on ad-hoc marketing projects.
Insights, Operations & Strategy
· Record and relay recurring customer feedback and insights to teams internally to help drive customer-centric business decisions
· Based on weekly interactions with customers, aid in creation & prioritization of digital marketing objectives that aim to elevate our customers’ experience
· In collaboration with the Customer Engagement Manager, identify opportunities to increase individual and team efficiency – challenging our current ways of working with new ideas
· Help define our Levain Bakery customer experience (i.e. response time, CSAT %, SOP’s, digital experience standards) based on brand research and customer feedback.
What we’re looking for:
· Demonstrated interest or experience in customer service, marketing, communications, or social media management (academic coursework or internship roles are applicable)
· Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Digital savvy, including ability to quickly ramp up on platforms like Shopify, Yelp, etc.
· Outstanding judgment and sense of urgency without being alarmist.
· Passion for what you do – you have a knack for customer service, infusing your communication with warmth and deescalating any potentially negative situation.
· Adaptability and flexibility – you recognize that in the food industry (and in communications!) anything can – and will – happen and you’re able to calmly troubleshoot issues.
· Eye for detail – you understand that the details make the difference in how a customer walks away feeling about Levain and this comes through in your writing. You’re a strong, persuasive, and accurate writer with a solid command of tone and style; plus, you’re an efficiency whiz and love creating systems and processes to keep things organized.
· Collaborative spirit and commitment to Levain’s core values – you’re a team player and willing to lend a hand or elevate those around you. You add your own individuality to an already positive and uplifting work environment. A good sense of humor doesn’t hurt either!
· Prior experience as a team member at Levain strongly preferred.
• Full-time; open availability, weekends and holidays required, and additional flexibility during holidays and business needs.
· Dynamic work environment with a warm and supportive team
· Health, vision, dental insurance with employer-funded HRA
· Additional supplemental benefits: transit benefits, dependent care account, pet insurance, etc.
· Paid time off (after waiting period)
· 401K with company match (after waiting period)
· Opportunity for career development
· Potential remote work flexibility after trainingCompensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Location job can be done remotely Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline