Marketing Manager Market Hall Foods
- Date Posted October 13, 2021
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Business / Design
- Job type Full-Time
As Marketing Manager, you will lead the Marketing team in developing innovative, informative and effective marketing programs for our businesses across multiple marketing channels. The team's goal is to increase overall sales and customer retention by sharing our love and passion for food, eating and cooking.
The prime candidate is a food-obsessed marketing leader with an analytical disposition. Keys to success include strong organizational skills with attention to detail, excellent communication skills, focus on data and the ability to wear many hats. This individual must be able to lead teams, provide a compelling vision and strategy, be creative yet driven by results, be resourceful in handling project roadblocks, and a strong executer. The ability to put the customer first in product strategies and decisions is critical to this role. This position is full-time, in-person and reports to the owner of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department of 3-5 members.
- Define business needs and develop marketing plans by gathering customer insights and collaborating with internal stakeholders, such as owners, managers and sales staff.
- Guide content marketing strategies for e-commerce, restaurant, wholesale and brick and mortar retail businesses to reflect each brand’s identity and establish brand consistency across print and online channels.
- Plan, manage and track content across all channels: company websites, social media, email marketing, e-commerce and food ordering platforms, print collateral (in-house and out-of-home), etc. Strategize, implement new trends and maintain adherence to content standards and style guidelines.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Keep a pulse on local and national competitor products, services, sales and marketing activities.
- Strategize with Market Hall Foods public relations consultant for local, regional and national media and publishers to enhance Market Hall’s standing, promoting events, new products and related news.
- Develop, lead and manage a marketing team to their fullest potential.
- Availability to attend special events during night and/or weekend hours.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8-10 years of marketing work experience, including managing digital platforms and, ideally, e-commerce.
- A strong knowledge of all marketing communications functions with work experience, ideally in specialty foods.
- You operate by staying organized, hitting deadlines and following through. You effectively manage your time and can multitask among multiple projects and teams on a daily basis.
- Retail experience and enthusiasm for customer service.
- Strong writing and excellent editing skills. You are a skilled, enthusiastic, and creative storyteller with the ability to create and maintain a distinctive and compelling company “voice.”
- You love to eat and have a strong, authentic curiosity for good food.
- A strong “people” orientation, with the ability to ‘herd cats’. You have a passion for working collaboratively, building relationships with a diverse range of people (internal and external stakeholders) and constructively giving and receiving feedback.
- A proactive, problem-solving, ambitious mindset. You ask a lot of questions and you thrive on learning and personal growth.
- Must always be hungry: for food; for knowledge; and for a little bit of crazy.
- Experience managing copywriters, graphic designers, photographers, web designers and other marketing related contractors.
- Experience with e-commerce management or marketing.
- Tech savvy. You are very comfortable with social media platforms, Microsoft Office, Google Products etc.
- Experience with email marketing software (Mailchimp a plus)
- Experience with CMS systems (Joomla a plus)
- Must be experienced and comfortable in at least one of the following programs: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
We offer health and dental insurance, commuter benefits, a yearly flexible spending plan and 401k as well as 20% store discount and delicious free lunch!Compensation this position is : salaried, more than 100k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineNovember 04, 2021