Marketing, Outreach, Administration NW Washington
- Date Posted December 03, 2021
- Location Bellingham, WA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
Our organization is a farmer-owned, meat processing cooperative located in the North Puget Sound region of Northwest Washington State. Our mission is to provide high quality USDA inspected processing services with our Mobile Processing Unit for both on and off farm slaughter - with a variety of wrap options and value-added services. We operate a retail farm store in Bellingham and a wholesale, branded meat program that provides sales opportunities for our members and customers. Our new processing facility is currently under renovation, in order to offer expanded scheduling opportunities, value added services and customizable options for our members.Job description
Title: - Marketing, Outreach and Administration Coordinator
Starting Wage - $20-$25 DOE
Hours - Part Time 15-20 hr/week
Degree - High School Diploma or equivalent
As part of this new phase of development, we are looking for a skilled and motivated Marketing, Outreach and Administration Coordinator. This position provides support to the Operations Manager and the Board of Directors with minimal supervision. They will support the company mission, policies, procedures, and exhibit a commitment to excellence and collaboration. They will help design and execute a communication and marketing strategy in order to communicate effectively with members, customers and clients. This person must be able to prioritize, handle sensitive information with confidentiality and meet deadlines. A successful candidate will be innovative, committed, use independent judgment to organize a diversified workload. This position is flexible in the definition of hours and has work from home opportunities - with a proven record of functionality and success.
Job duties include:
- Work with the Operations Manager and the Board of Directors to support the organization’s marketing, retail and wholesale plan
- Speak with customers and members over the phone, through the website, social media and through email communications. This may sometimes include addressing concerns - so either addressing them personally with tact and professionalism; or connecting the individual to the appropriate administrator will be imperative.
- Direct mail outreach to members and customers including creation and maintenance of mailing lists
- Scheduling members, assisting with pickups and other coordination as necessary.
- Assisting with taking photos and posting to social media, according to plan. Developing content and promotional material as dictated by the organization’s strategy
- Work collaboratively with the Management Team and Board of Directors to develop new strategies, express organizational opportunities and alert the team of potential hazards
- Coordinating other sales, marketing, member services and logistics needs
- Assist in coordination of the annual member meeting, newsletter, Board meeting needs and the like
- Proven ability to provide excellent, professional customer service
- Experience with digital and social media platforms
- Strong work ethic, and work well in a team environment
- Proven ability to self-start, manage time and deadlines
- Sales and marketing experience would be preferred
- Interest and/or experience with regional, sustainable and local food systems.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle required
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Strong systems thinking and desire for continuous improvement
- Flexibility in schedule, however the position is also flexible according to needs
- Collaborate and communicate respectfully and effectively
- Demonstrate respect for the animals and their owners at all times - even if during stressful situations
- Focus on providing a safe, high quality product at every stage of production