Tasting Room Manager Orchid Cellar Meadery and Winery
- Date Posted January 10, 2022
- Location Middletown, MD
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Orchid Cellar is Maryland's premier meadery located in the Middletown Valley of Frederick County.
We are a small, woman-owned business specializing in complex honey wines ranging from dry to sweet, still to sparkling, and fruity to earthy to even spicy. We love bees and great ingredients.Job description
Orchid Cellar Meadery is a family-owned meadery dedicated to producing premium meads and providing an exceptional customer experience.
As a rapidly growing business, we are looking for a talented individual with experience in retail management and events (bar or tasting room experience preferred). Duties will include oversight of the Orchid Cellar tasting room; managing and training tasting room employees; inventory management; monitoring sales; and organizing tasting room events. As we are a growing business, the Tasting Room Manager should expect to take part in a wide array of tasks, all of which are not listed here.
Qualifications: Retail experience (and bar and tasting room experience is preferred) and experience managing employees, inventory, and sales. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to plan ahead, manage, and prioritize multiple projects. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. This position is full-time.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Orchid Cellar tasting room (including conducting tastings and tours), visitor relations, and staff performance
- Manage Wine Club and internet sales.
- Train and supervise Orchid Cellar tasting room staff.
- Inventory management of wine, retail merchandise, and tasting room supplies.
- Partner with General Manager to ensure that the Orchid Cellar tasting room maintains an appropriate level of sales.
- Organize and coordinate Orchid Cellar tasting room events, such as music and food trucks for monthly events, consumer tastings, private tours, etc.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers, and perform accounting for daily sales.
- Ensure that cash accounting is correct and complete at the close of business.
- Generate and maintain performance metrics to monitor direct sales results.
- Ability to work most weekends and some holidays.
- Occasionally help with other Orchid Cellar projects.
- Small business with a family feel
- No late hours!
- Carmen, the winery dog, and Indy, the production pup, are always available for snuggles.
- We want to learn your strengths and hear your ideas--and put them to good use!