Logistics Manager Five Acre Farms, Inc
- Date Posted January 12, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Five Acre Farms is a brand that brings the best-tasting local food to grocery stores, restaurants and food shops throughout the Northeast. With twelve years of success in marketing local food, we set the gold standard for both quality and mission. We currently market milk, cream, buttermilk, kefir, yogurt, cage free eggs, and apple products. We find outstanding farmers using sustainable practices, pay them fairly and tell their stories. We can be found in nearly 1000 locations.Job description
Five Acre Farms is seeking a Logistics Manager to oversee our warehouse and supply chain operations. This position reports directly to the CEO, working closely alongside all company teams, and is based in Brooklyn, New York.
- Builds a strong relationship with the receiver at each distributor, knows the hours of receiving, and understands any other aspects to making a delivery at each distributor.
- Builds a strong relationship with the key players at each farm/processor, 3rd party warehouse if applicable, and truck leasing company.
- Trains and manages the FAF dock team, communicating details regarding each specific run and any duties and expectations for a smooth turn.
- Manages the timing of the run and communicates truck ETAs to the various creameries and distributors. If any delay should arise, communicates that delay to the team members and distributors that it may affect in a timely manner.
- Problem solves any issues regarding processing, delays, accidents, or any other set back that might occur on any given delivery day.
- Truck driving as needed to support the run on a delivery day, specific FAF events, or any other situation in which an extra truck driver is needed.
- Provides logistical support and works closely with sales & operations team when adding new distributors or processors.
- Plans and organizes the route for Monday and Thursday processing days, and communicates the route to the various drivers and duties to the creamery teams. E-mails/calls distributors or 3rd party warehouse to set up appointments if applicable.
- Manages general inventory: crates, pallets, jugs, boxes, labels, etc and alerts appropriate FAF team member regarding replenishing inventory.
- Ensures accurate and prompt receipt of all delivery paperwork. Reviews and approves all billing for logistics department.
- Manages leasing requirements: reporting mileage, scheduling truck repairs & maintenance when needed.
- Understands budgeting for logistics, consistently looking for ways to optimize the route.
- Helps hire new drivers/warehouse staff.
- 3 years’ experience in warehouse work
- Excellent communication skills
- You are passionate about impact and sustainability.
- You are a creative problem solver.
- You are curious, a self-starter, and a strategic thinker.
- You have entrepreneurial instincts.
Five Acre Farms is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Five Acre Farms does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions