Sous Chef+Business Associate Omni's Kitchen
- Date Posted January 14, 2022
- Location Union City, NJ
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We do not compromise on taste even though our focus is on nutrition. We create all menus based on personal preference, which keeps our customers coming back for unlimited choice and generates exceptional satisfaction. Our meals are not ‘one bowl’ like solo soups, plain oatmeal, or lonely salads.
Our mission is to make food systems more sustainable. We want to change mindsets away from takeout meals every night and eliminate single-use plastic in the food eco-system. We are not trying to convert people to plant-based diets.
Our focus is to reduce meat and fish consumption to help slow down climate change, promote sustainable consumption and help rebuild oceanic eco-systems
Our goal is to help clients avoid, or who are suffering with, chronic diseases like IBS, diabetes, obesity, or high cholesterol through life-changing yet tasty meals. Being able to improve mental health (feeling more energetic, optimistic, and confident) through eating healthier and more delicious meals is one of the many benefits that our clients consistently thank us for. Job description About the Role
We are looking for a business manager with basic culinary skills and experience working in a kitchen (home or commercial). Our ideal candidate would be someone determined and enthusiastic to join a fast-growing company. We will offer better hours, better pay, and a better environment compared to the conventional restaurant industry.
• Undergo on-going training and eventually manage end-to-end responsibility of consulting with clients, cooking, and cleaning to ensure high-quality standards and timely production of meals
• Assist in ordering ingredients and monitoring stock levels
• Develop efficient systems to onboard and manage suppliers and minimize cost and waste
• Create a catalogue of our in-house recipes and help with menu design
• Help with recruitment and training to build a coherent team
• Adhere to all health and safety regulations, including safe preparation and storage of food and maintaining a safe work environment
What we offer
• Competitive wages with a 35-hour week, to start. We will review the hours and wages after the first month of employment
• Opportunity for creativity, recipe development and revenue sharing with any new clients brought on
With the right candidate, we may eventually offer equity in the company as we want to work with someone who would be as invested in this company as we are.
As a start-up, not everything will be conventional and planned to a T, but creativity is encouraged, and the learning curve will be vertical!
Please send us a resume and a short cover letter showing your passion for being a part of a food business at firstname.lastname@example.org Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $25.00 - $35.00 Application instructions