Business Services Coordinator Hudson Valley AgriBusiness Dev Corp
- Date Posted January 17, 2022
- Location Hudson, NY
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
Established as a nonprofit in 2007, Hudson Valley Agribusiness Development Corporation (HVADC) is dedicated to promoting balanced, market-based solutions that lead to enhanced agricultural entrepreneurship, rural economic growth, and community enhancement. HVADC is the only economic development agency in the Hudson Valley with a specific focus on the viability of the agricultural economy in the region. HVADC’s charge is to enhance the agricultural sector in the Hudson Valley by assisting both new and existing agri-businesses and supporting policies and regulations that recognize and support New York State’s agricultural economy.Job description
The Business Services Coordinator is a part-time position (20-25 hours per week) focused on providing client services including outreach, for HVADC Business Technical Assistance and loan programs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as the main point of contact between clients, staff and consultants.
- Conducting in-take and assessment of client needs.
- Coordinating Business Technical Assistance services with third party service providers/consultants including introductions to clients, needs assessment, obtaining estimate of services, developing client contracts and follow-up with clients and providers.
- Managing the loan application process from in-take to closing including coordination with clients, underwriters, HVADC counsel and loan committee.
- Marketing HVADC Business Technical Assistance programs and loan products.
- Preparing reports for HVADC Board, status reports for grants and other reports as needed.
- Addressing any concerns or issues a client may have and working with staff or consultants to resolve them.
- Assisting with HVADC development efforts, including monitoring and responding to grant opportunities and new program design and implementation.
- Participating in meetings, workshops, and presentations with staff, clients and community stakeholders.
- Assisting HVADC Field Directors in providing Business Technical Assistance to clients, program and policy design, including drafting of reports and presentations.
- Providing support related to client reporting, billing, contracts and consultant contracts, coordinating with Deputy Director.
- Providing marketing support by generating impact stories, case studies and best practices from client work.
- A bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, finance, planning, or other related fields or equivalent combination of education, training or experience is required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience with increasingly responsible work in financial analysis, agribusiness development, economic development, commercial real estate and/or housing development.
- Working knowledge of business credit analysis required. Real estate finance knowledge is helpful.
- Highly energetic, creative self-starter capable of managing various assignments for multiple parties.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with professional colleagues, municipal clients, public officials, developers, and representatives from private and public financial organizations.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems in a collaborative work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of and adherence to confidentiality and privacy practices
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and relationship-building skills.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word and Excel, Zoom and Dropbox.
- Basic knowledge of grant writing process.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred but not required.
- Commitment to racial and social equality.
- Comfortable working in environments with animals, i.e. cows, chickens, pigs, lambs, dogs.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to independently travel within HVADC’s coverage area to visit with clients and partner organizations.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, mask wearing/social distancing in office required.
- This is an in-person position in Hudson, NY, with some flexibility for remote work a possibility.
- Occasional travel mainly throughout the Hudson Valley.
Flexible schedule, but must be available four-five days/week, $33-37/hour, dependent upon relevant and valid skills/experience, and six paid holidays prorated for the year.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions