Senior Chocolate Maker Shane Confectionery
- Date Posted January 17, 2022
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
SHANE CONFECTIONERY SENIOR CHOCOLATE MAKER
Shane Confectionery, America’s oldest continuously operating candy store and sister store to the Franklin Fountain, is seeking an Assistant Chocolate Maker to join our small but growing bean-to-bar chocolate and confectionery team! Learn the chocolate-making process from bean to finished product (bars, bon-bons, etc)!
The ideal candidate is passionate about chocolate and sweets, has some experience working with chocolate or other confections, and is comfortable training and supervising others.
The position is full-time with medical and dental benefits available after 60 days of employment.
SENIOR CHOCOLATE MAKER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Shane Confectionery Assistant Chocolate Maker is responsible for the preparation, execution, and inventory of all house-made chocolate products, as well as the supervision of all entry-level chocolate staff. The Assistant Chocolate Maker reports to the Head Chocolate Maker, Franklin Fountain Chef, Shane Management, and Ownership.
SENIOR CHOCOLATE MAKER JOB DUTIES
Duties may include but not limited to:
* Complete all tasks associated with house-made chocolate production.
* Complete all tasks associated with finished confection production.
* Complete daily/weekly inventories of house-made chocolate products and raw ingredients
* Regularly interface with Head Chocolate Maker regarding production scheduling, ingredients, and process updates.
* Communicate equipment needs and issues to Head Chocolate Maker and Facilities.
* Proper sanitation and organization of all kitchen equipment and supplies.
* Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment: using equipment and tools as intended, properly and safely.
* Maintain cleanliness and order of all kitchen spaces.
* Assists with training entry-level chocolate production staff, reinforcing safety and cleanliness in all work areas.
* Provides management with feedback on performance of new and/or entry-level team members, reporting relevant successes or infractions.
* Works with Head Chocolate Maker and Shane Management to coordinate scheduling needs for chocolate staff.
* Act as second-in-command to Head Chocolate Maker, supervising and delegating to entry-level staff in Head Chocolate Maker’s absence.
* Communicate packaging and labeling needs to design department.
* Participate in various meetings for regular discussions with kitchen staff, management, and front-of-house staff as needed.
* Daily/weekly communication between front-of-house and back-of-house in regards to product rotation, quality control, and shop needs.
* Reinforce product details and updates to front-of-house staff.
* Assist with media inquiries as needed, occasionally appearing on camera or participating in interviews.
R & D
* Assist Head Chocolate Maker in the development of new products and techniques.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Available weekends/evenings and for special events when necessary.
* Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
* Leadership and human resources management skills, able to direct the work of others.
* Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with co-workers.
* Professional and positive attitude.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ideal candidate is ServSafe certified.
* Ideal candidate has chocolate and/or confectionery experience
* Standing throughout a shift.
* Ascending/descending stairs.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions