Marketing Associate BEM | books & more +2 more
- Date Posted June 03, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Part-Time
At BEM | books & more, we believe that food is nourishment, politics and power. From labor to climate, science to sociology, farm to kitchen to table, the BEM collection places in conversation food texts from across the diaspora to celebrate what feeds & connects us.
Do you have a penchant for literature, especially of the African diaspora? Do you engage with all of Whetstone Media’s properties, anticipate Nicole Taylor’s Watermelon & Redbirds, and rave about culinary and cultural happenings equally? If you answered yes, then you might be the right fit for the part-time Marketing Associate role at BEM | books & more.
As a member of this small but mighty team, you’ll be responsible for content ideation, planning--collaborating with BEM’s co-founders, PR, and design counterparts-- and community management of @bembrooklyn social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, and forthcoming brand TikTok). You’ll also compose and disseminate the brand’s newsletter via Mailchimp. As the nation’s first Black food bookstore, you’ll need to balance promotional and conversion priorities, while building an authentic relationship with our well fed and well read community. Of course, a demonstrated understanding of the marketing ecosystem and a finger on the pulse of literature, food, and culture will be key elements of success.
What You’ll Do
- Humanize the BEM | books & more brand owned & operated channels: Instagram, newsletter, Facebook, forthcoming TikTok
- Spearhead communication of priority touch points including fundraising, new book releases, author highlights marketing, pop-ups, “always on” content planning, fan engagement strategies and community management.
- Write and post impactful copy that speaks authentically to BEM’s community and in the brand voice.
- Attend BEM events to capture content and post real-time event coverage.
- Identify and execute against significant ways for BEM to participate in culture and fan conversations.
- Leverage a diverse mix of insights (audience, cultural, etc.) to inform creative strategies and effectively tell the story of social performance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with BEM co-founders, publicist, designer, and external partners like brands, publishers, and authors
- Experienced in managing and growing a brand’s integrated marketing presence
- Aware of and/or willing to learn cookbook publishing cycles and other book industry ins and outs
- Culturally dialed in and aware of what’s trending, relevant, and how best to integrate within BEM’s social media presence
- A lover of literature and the food space
- Located in and willing to work in NYC, even better if in Brooklyn, and on EST
- Aware of how to capture and create on the fly when covering events IRL and leading remote shoots
- Very comfortable working quickly in Google Drive, Gmail, and Slack
- Organized, communicative, and collaborative
- $1700-$2200/month, commensurate with experience. This role is non-exempt.
- Monthly book allowance
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline