Assistant Retail Manager Siena Farms
- Date Posted June 21, 2022
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
We are seeking hardworking, high-energy, positive individuals who are motivated by a career interest in food and sustainable agriculture to join our team. Siena Farms’ Assistant Retail Manager is a lead member of the year-round retail staff for our 75-acre non-certified organic vegetable farm. They are supervised by our Retail and Business Managers and by Farmer Chris, and work closely with other managers and members of the Siena Farms’ team, to help professionally operate and grow sales at Siena Farms South End, our Boston Public Market farm store, and possible additional future retail outlets.
Primary responsibilities of our Assistant Retail Manager include but are not limited to assisting our Retail Manager with the oversight and execution of the following areas:
- Daily retail sales and point-of-sale system entries
- Friendly and knowledgeable customer service
- Development and maintenance of opening-day and end-of-day protocols
- Product display, pricing, labeling, and quality control
- Product sourcing and ordering
- Sales and invoicing for chefs and other wholesale customers @ retail
- CSA promotion, sales, and customer service for members @ retail
- Market Card promotion, sales, and customer service
- Coordinating with our Office Manager on social media marketing
- Leadership in outreach and customer events, in the city and on the farm
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of retail staff
- Training of retail assistants as well as occasional seasonal farm apprentices and crew into some or all of these retail activities
- Scheduling staff shifts at each retail location
- Flexibility and willingness to cover vacant retail shifts as needed or in emergency situations, including potential double-shifts periodically, with the understanding that if staff hiring, training, and scheduling goals are met, this should rarely be required
- Monthly product inventory
- Regular meetings and communication with our Retail Manager and with Farmer Chris, as well as with other farm managers and assistant managers
Secondary responsibilities of our Assistant Retail Manager, when and if the primary responsibilities of retail management are accomplished at any given time during the season, include but are not limited to the following: assisting out at the farm with crop production, harvest, wash-up, and CSA packs, office administrative duties and general business planning and development, etc.
Our Assistant Retail Manager, like all of our employees, is held to high standards for organization, inter-managerial/crew communication, positive attitude, respect and kindness for coworkers, work quality, and professional work ethic and schedule.
Our Assistant Retail Manager position is considered a full-time, year-round position, averaging 40-50 hours/week, spread over 5 days per week, available immediately. Core schedule is to-be-determined in close communication with our Retail Manager and with Farmer Chris in terms of balance between on-site shifts at Siena Farms South End, Boston Public Market, and administrative time. Availability on “traditional” weekend days (Sat/Sun) is required for all retail staff, with the goal for weekends being two consecutive days, one of which is a Sat or a Sun. If and when “extra-shifts” are required on any given day, due to lack of staffing or emergencies, these extra shifts will be considered as part of normal managerial duties and will not be compensated apart from regular salary nor be credited toward extra vacation days.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation includes a competitive salary and paid vacation package, as well as full employer-covered health insurance benefits. All employees of Siena Farms are also provided with a year-round CSA membership (weekly farm shares) throughout the period of employment, additional access to after-market produce, plus employee discounts on products at Siena Farms’ retail sites as well as at family restaurants– Oleana, Sofra, and Sarma.Compensation this position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineAugust 31, 2022