Kitchen Manager Dickinson College Farm
- Date Posted June 23, 2022
- Location Carlisle, PA
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Part-Time
Located in south-central Pennsylvania, the Dickinson College Farm is an 80-acre educational production farm that raises grass-fed cattle, sheep and chickens and certified organic produce for campus and community consumption, in addition to serving as a resource for academic and agricultural training interests.Job description
Part-Time Kitchen Manager at Farm Works, a new Dickinson College Farm initiative!
The Farm Works Kitchen Manager is an 11-month part-time position that will support the College Farm’s store, Farm Works located on the Dickinson College campus. This dynamic position will oversee food preparation and food preservation operations requiring skillsets in the culinary arts, workplace efficiency, food safety, team management, and project oversight. These skills are transferrable and will be taught to students working under the Kitchen Manager’s supervision to preserve the farm’s bounty and to prepare grab-n-go style meal options for the campus community during the academic calendar.
Essential Functions of the Kitchen Manager include:
- Design, develop, test, and make value-added food items aimed preserving the farm’s surplus. Plus, design, develop, and test ready-to-eat meals that will be made daily for sale at Farm Works
- Train and manage student employees during the academic school year on food prep work and preservation, all the while ensuring workplace efficiency and food safety.
- Oversee and implement systems that ensure food safety and workplace efficiencies from set up to clean up.
- Develop systems for maintaining inventories for all supplies, materials, and ingredients needed to ensure Farm Works’ success.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline