Social Media Coordinator IACP
- Date Posted July 22, 2022
- Location Anywhere
- Category Media
- Job type Part-Time
IACP helps members develop and strengthen their professional skills with year-round programming that includes: the annual IACP conference, quarterly festivals like Bake the Holidays and Cooking Passport, and monthly webinars. The IACP Awards is an annual program that recognizes the best cookbooks, food photography & styling, digital media, and food writing each year. The IACP Awards is one of the most prestigious and coveted in the food industry. IACP also works directly with some of the most prestigious food and kitchen companies in the world, helping connect outstanding brands with key players in the food media and cooking space. Job description
Are you obsessed with food? Are you fascinated with what is shaping food culture right now? Are you up to date on the latest food news and trends? Are you watching for the latest from food luminaries and influencers? Do you keep up on what’s new on Instagram and are you always on social? If yes, then perhaps IACP is the right place for you!
We are looking for a multi-talented Social Media Coordinator to join our small but mighty team. The Social Media Coordinator will work closely with the Social Media Manager, leveraging their design and communication skills to produce digital content designed to drive interest in membership, programming, awards, and conference. We are looking for someone with a passion for food, who is exceptionally organized, enjoys juggling a wide variety of tasks, loves doing research, and likes the flexibility of working in a small business setting.
This is a part-time, remote position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital Content Creation
- Create and schedule all content for IACP social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
- Work with the Social Media Manager to create and sustain a strategic content calendar, including membership campaigns, award announcements, and special programming.
- Provide creative and design support for digital content, as required.
- Support IACP by monitoring communications on social media channels by responding to posts, comments, and direct messages.
- Report on key digital marketing metrics across social media, as required.
- Stay on top of industry trends and content marketing best practices.
- Remain flexible and adaptable in work schedule and assignments to meet organizational needs.
- Represent IACP in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others at all times.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years experience in marketing and/or communications.
- At least 1 years experience in the food industry is preferred.
- College degree required.
- Journalism / editorial / PR experience preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Sophisticated and professional writing skills.
- Graphic design experience (proficiency in Adobe Create Suite or Canva).
- Basic photography experience preferred.
- Experience with basic video production and/or editing is a bonus.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize.
- Independent and self-motivated.