Cheesemonger / Production Manager Chef Collective
- Date Posted November 17, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Chef Collective is hiring for a Cheesemonger position! We are looking for someone to be the bedrock of the production team - crank out orders and get the trucks loaded in the morning, communicate with customers about their orders, as well as making sure all the cheeses are happy and the warehouse is organized in the afternoons. If you've got experience with professional social media, that's great! We're looking to expand our footprint in this area.
If you are a chef who is ready to try something else outside the kitchen but who still wants to stay knee deep in the world of amazing food OR if you’re a cheesemonger who wants to explore another side of the cheese and specialty food business, this could be the perfect position for you.
We are a Brooklyn based boutique distributor of cheese, charcuterie and other specialty foods working with the best chefs in NYC. We are a young company focused on enriching the lives of everyone that we work with, whether you are a farmer in Indiana, a chef in Manhattan, or one of our fantastic team members.
We believe in a "be nicer, be better, not bigger" philosophy. Quality is our biggest focus, and we always source the best quality product. Our team is small and we are self-starters who believe in improving the food system, treating all people with respect, and working as hard as the people we work for (Farmers and Chefs). If you are interested in good food, have an endless curiosity for learning, and are comfortable wearing many hats, you have found your home!
- MUST be a morning person! We start early to, you know, get the worm.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, figure out what needs to be done and accomplish it.
- Upbeat and able to roll with the punches. Each day is different and holds new challenges.
- Love to work in a start-up business type environment
- Experience in specialty foods/cheese a MUST.
- Experience in working in a professional NYC kitchen a plus.
- Entry level is $60k per year, certainly room for growth based on experience or demonstrated hustle!
- Great Health Benefits
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Weekly paychecks
- Plenty of cheese samples!!
We are looking to hire immediately, so send us your resume and a little blurb about your awesome self and your experience in the food world. And tell us about your favorite cheese!Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions