Farm to School Program Manager Coupeville Farm to School
- Date Posted November 18, 2022
- Location Coupeville, WA
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Full-Time
The Program Manager is a full time position with benefits, employed by the 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation Coupeville Farm to School, that combines management with hands-on garden education. This position supports Coupeville School District teachers, students, and food service staff in utilizing school gardens for education and nutrition. The Program Manager creates a shared vision of the program with the Farm to School Board, and is responsible for development and maintenance of the school’s gardens, supervision of staff and volunteers, implementation of cross-curricular lessons in the outdoor classroom, and use of garden produce in classroom education and cooking classes. The salary range for this position is $50-60k, dependent on experience, with paid time off and healthcare benefits.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains the school gardens on the elementary and middle/high school campuses.
- Works closely with elementary school teachers to develop lessons that support classroom teaching in a range of curriculum areas such as art, science and language arts; develops and implements plans to work with middle and high teachers as time and resources permit.
- Oversees and coordinates students’ hands-on experiences in the garden and School Farm (planting, tending, harvesting and in-class preparation).
- Builds involvement in and commitment to the school garden within the school community, including teachers, administrators, students, parents, and community volunteers.
- Develops and implements cooking class curricula for K-5.
- Supervises staff and Americorps members, and develops training, field trips, and other learning activities to support members’ learning.
Qualified applicants should have at least 1-2 years of facilitation or teaching experience working with children and youth; Washington State Teaching Certification a plus. Have knowledge and skills in small-scale organic food production. Food service experience is a plus. Applicants should demonstrate ability to lead and manage programs, and to work with diverse populations. Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s degree.Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 10, 2022