Food Operations Manager The Konery
- Date Posted November 29, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Production
- Job type Full-Time
The Konery is the only manufacturer that specializes in gourmet flavored waffle cones. Our customers are the best artisanal ice cream shops and specialty grocery stores across the country. There are great opportunities ahead for future growth and personal development with our company!Job description
- Manages, delegates, and provides day-to-day leadership to 10+ employees to efficiently achieve production goals.
- Creates and oversees strategic, operational, and administrative programs, and projects for company and employees.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or current procedures.
- Conducts all administrative duties including scheduling, payroll, maintaining employee files, coaching, performance evaluations, and organizing team meetings.
- Hire, train, test and evaluate new employees in the operation.
- Orders and maintains inventory of ingredients, production supplies and dry goods.
- Monitors and enforces company policies including NYS requirements, GMP, FDA, HACCP, and Dept Agriculture standards.
- Demonstrates customer service skills and manages customer satisfaction.
- Report daily to Owners and advise regarding improvements for the business.
- Respond and manage daily operational developments and emergencies.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Food & Beverage Operations and/or Manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years of managing a team of at least 20 People
- Experience executing food safety management systems including lot tracking, Health Inspections, SOPs, HACCP, Safe Quality Food and/or Good Manufacturing Practices
- Flexible, reliable, and punctual with a strong sense of urgency and highly detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Good Docs and comfortable learning new computer programs.