Program Manager Heritage Radio Network
- Date Posted December 23, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Media
- Job type Full-Time
HRN (Heritage Radio Network) is a nonprofit media outlet that empowers eaters to cultivate a radically better world through transformative exchanges about food. Since its inception in 2009, HRN has been a platform to discuss the real issues affecting the global food supply. We believe food is the most critical issue of our time– it brings people together in celebration of diverse cultures, but it also highlights our planet’s greatest challenges. That’s why HRN is committed to using the power of educational storytelling about food to build a more equitable, resilient food system.
We’ve been serving up thought-provoking conversations ever since Heritage Foods founder Patrick Martins and an intrepid group of visionary thinkers banded together to build a recording studio out of two recycled shipping containers in the backyard of Roberta’s Pizza, a restaurant at the forefront of Brooklyn’s culinary renaissance. We still operate from that same studio today, and also broadcast from live events across the country, and virtually from around the world. We pass the mic and give the farmers, chefs, servers, activists, and entrepreneurs working to improve the food system a megaphone. HRN’s mission is inspired by the Slow Food Movement, their vision of “good, clean, and fair food for all,” and their work to preserve heirloom foods. The word ‘Heritage’ refers to rare-breed animals and edible plants; HRN also uses it to represent our commitment to preserving both biodiversity and diversity of perspective in the food world. By telling inspiring stories via podcasts, workshops, and culinary experiences, HRN is educating generations of food activists and growing a community of changemakers.Job description
Who We Are
Heritage Radio Network (HRN) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit media organization focused on creating a more equitable, sustainable, and delicious world by expanding the way eaters think about food. Founded in 2009 in alignment with the principles of the Slow Food movement, HRN operates its studios out of two converted shipping containers in Bushwick, Brooklyn, and records remotely from around the world. Our 50+ hosts invite the most influential, visionary people – from brewers and bartenders to pastry chefs, policymakers, and more – to discuss today’s most vital issues. We cover food policy and agriculture, the restaurant scene, and everything to do with food and drink, as well as introduce you to today’s up-and-coming chefs and share compelling human interest stories. We’ve earned a reputation as the best source for thought-provoking talk about food.
Who We’re Looking For
HRN is in growth mode! In the past 2 years, we’ve released a new website and visual identity, added diverse and innovative food podcast content, expanded geographically by leaning into remote recording technologies, produced a variety of educational events and embarked on new strategic partnerships. But we’re just getting started.
As HRN continues to evolve in its second decade, we're looking for a visionary and versatile Program Manager to join our team. This role will take ownership over guest and host relations, help develop programming and community building strategy and be instrumental in growing our reach and impact as an engaging and educational nonprofit.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director. It is mostly remote but requires occasional travel and in-person work. Location in the metro-NYC area is required.
When applying: Please include in your application a cover letter that explains—in addition to the basics about why you're interested in this role— experiences where you’ve increased program or project performance or examples of how you’ve prioritized tasks when working on multiple projects.
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager will steward multiple relationships within the organization. You’ll ensure editorial content elevates our mission, and become an expert at synthesizing partners and content to identify opportunities to grow the organization's reach. You’ll be responsible for growing our network and reputation by:
- Leading strategic initiatives for show development.
- Develop, nurture and strengthen relationships with podcast hosts
- Support the development of cross-network strategy & planning
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Expand host recruitment methods
- Assist in advancement of future programming goals
- Create and implement audience growth strategies
- Leading efforts to align content with fundraising, impact, and brand identity.
- Develop, nurture and strengthen relationships with podcast guests
- Coordinate programming for collaborative activations (events, conferences, food festivals, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on content strategy, marketing, and press outreach
- Liaise with staff and hosts to support fundraising goals
Position is for January 2023 hire. Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.Requirements
Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of media and project management experience and be able to demonstrate-
- Strong communications skills with copywriting and editing experience
- Capacity to build highly effective partnerships with a variety of stakeholders
- Self-motivation with meticulous attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn, grow, and build a dream job for yourself (must appreciate evolving job responsibilities)
- Familiarity with food systems issues and passion for HRN’s mission
- Software skills: fluency in Google Suite, Asana or similar project management software Neon and Canva a plus
This is a non-exempt position, with base compensation of $45-55k per year dependent on experience, and opportunities for growth.
In addition to salary, HRN offers:
- A flexible work schedule and remote work options
- An unlimited vacation policy
- Opportunities for travel, and food and beverage experiences
- An inclusive, supportive, and fun work environment
- Opportunities to grow your professional and personal network
HRN is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability or medical history. We encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline