Videographer/Photographer for Social The League of Kitchens
- Date Posted January 31, 2023
- Location New York City, NY
- Category Media
- Job type Part-Time
The League of Kitchens is a culinary dream-team of women from around the world who will welcome you into their homes, teach you their family recipes, and inspire you with their personal stories. We offer culturally immersive cooking classes in New York City and online.
We are a WOC-owned business. We opened in NYC in 2014. We currently have 13 instructors from all over the world, and we have taught thousands of students from the U.S. and abroad.
Through this experience, we seek to build cross-cultural connection and understanding, and to increase access to traditional cooking knowledge.
The League of Kitchens has been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Oprah Magazine, the Chew, Tasting Table, Saveur, The Splendid Table, and Time Out New York, among others. Saveur called our online classes “The multi-cultural cooking school you've been waiting for.”
We're looking for a smart, creative, big-hearted, self-directed, hard-working, responsible, flexible, and detail-oriented individual to create and collect photos and videos for social media, and specifically for instagram reels. Content will be collected from our in-person classes (which take place in our instructors' homes on the weekends) and from scheduled visits to our instructors' homes.
The person we hire will work closely with our Communications and Marketing Manager and CEO to plan and develop content ideas. (The Communications and Marketing Manager will take the collected video content and turn that into reels.)
We promise that you’ll have lots of opportunities to meet amazing people, to cook/eat incredible food, and to contribute in meaningful and substantive ways.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a strong photographer and videographer.
- You have created reels for a business.
- You have a strong understanding of current approaches to making successful reels.
- You’re super organized, dependable, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- You enjoy both big picture strategic thinking and the nitty gritty details of execution.
- You’re self-directed and self-motivated. You’re as happy working on your own as you are collaborating with others. You take initiative and go the extra mile. You’re good at prioritizing and organizing workflow, and juggling multiple tasks. You’re always trying to find ways to improve your work and your process.
- You’re flexible and adaptive and have a great sense of humor.
- You're deeply immersed in food social media.
- You connect easily with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- You have a passion for food, cooking, and learning about different cultures.
- You’re excited about using food and cooking as a way to build cross-cultural connection and understanding, and you’re passionate about promoting the contributions that immigrants make to our culture and society.
Initial Duration: 1 month (if all goes well, we will extend the contract).
Pay: $35/hr as an independent contractor for 7-9 hours per month (attending two weekend classes per month and spending 1 hour editing/uploading per class).
Location: NYCCompensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions