Grocery Department Manager - Fishtow Riverwards Produce +1 more
- Date Posted January 20, 2023
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Riverwards Produce is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Job description
OVERVIEW: Riverwards Produce is a produce-focused market in Philadelphia
The Grocery Manager position at Riverwards Produce takes ownership of all Grocery department operations, staff, and aesthetics. They have an expert knowledge of grocery stock and inventory tools. They’re able to field inquiries and suggestions from both customers and staff. They coordinate frequently with Store Managers department managers, and the General Manager to ensure proper staffing, product variance, store cleanliness, and aesthetic coherence.
Most importantly, they are ultimately responsible for maintaining a well-stocked and meticulously merchandised store floor. They are responsible for setting systems to ensure proper receiving, processing, and storage of Grocery deliveries.
Reports to: Store Manager
Directly manages: Grocery Buyer and Grocery Staff
- Ultimately responsible for all Grocery department operations and outcomes
- Ensures that regular Grocery ordering deadlines are met
- Collaborates with General Manager to plan seasonal and rotating merchandising plans
- Responsible for coordinating and delegating Grocery buying responsibilities
- Sets Grocery dept product mix and schedules display changeovers
- Ensures Grocery inventory data is complete and accurate including vendor info and product costs
- Performs floor duties including receiving, restocking, and ordering
- Helps the Buyer execute sales-based purchasing and lean inventory practices
- Creates Grocery dept training materials and conduct regular employee training as needed
- Coordinates Grocery department schedules, communications, updates, and meetings
- Responsible for a well-organized and clean grocery backstock area
- Responsible for overall fiscal performance of department
- Minimum 3 years retail buying and/or managing
- Previous management experience in a grocery setting
- Experience receiving, processing, and merchandising grocery in a retail setting
- Passion for the principles of sustainable food and farming
- A diligent approach to safety and sanitation - ServSafe (or analogous) certification a plus
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all store tasks
- Ability to roll with the punches of a rapidly growing start-up business
COMPENSATION: This position is full-time. This position is hourly and compensation is dependent upon experience. Riverwards Produce provides a generous employee discount on all store products, paid parental leave, opportunities for career growth, and flexible scheduling. Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline