Marketing & Communications Coord. Fairtrade America
- Date Posted January 22, 2023
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
At Fairtrade America you will work with companies, shoppers and campaigners to create a more equitable trading system for and with the producers growing products like coffee, cocoa and bananas. Fairtrade America is the US branch of the social impact organization behind the Fairtrade Mark. This product label shows shoppers that farmers and workers in the regions where we work (Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa and the Middle East, and Asia and Asia Pacific) are getting a fair deal.
We envision a world in which justice and sustainable development are interwoven with trade and business - one where every person can have a decent life. Fairness, integrity and transparency are core to everything we do at Fairtrade. Fairtrade is a global movement that includes nearly 2 million farmers, over 2,000 businesses and millions of shoppers in over 100 countries. By working together, we can create a more equitable world.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is purpose-driven and passionate about telling Fairtrade’s story. They are an enthusiastic professional who is organized, a great communicator, quick learner and a self-starter. The role is responsible for supporting our clients in spreading the word about their Fairtrade commitments, engaging businesses with meaningful messages and supporting our campaigns throughout the year. With this great diversity of projects and workstreams, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator thrives on variety and loves collaborating within and across teams.
Reports To: Director of Marketing and External Relations
Duties & Responsibilities:
Support user experience and engagement -- approximately 30% of your time
- Create, curate and coordinate a vibrant, thoughtful and action-oriented user experience and content for consumers on their sustainability.
- Collaborate with outside designers and content creators to bring Fairtrade’s story to life in relatable and visually memorable ways.
- Lead on the creation of cohesive and inspiring communication on Fairtrade’s social media accounts (currently: Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn), supporter newsletter, blog and website content.
- Outreach to supporters to increase awareness of the impact Fairtrade has on farming communities around the world. This happens through a variety of channels including, but not limited to: PowerPoint graphics, videos, live talks, emails, website content, etc.
Support brands in talking about Fairtrade with their shoppers -- approximately 30% of your time
- Working with the Client Support Team, write or design content for our current clients to spread the word about Fairtrade to their audiences (mainly shoppers) - one of the best channels through which we raise awareness about Fairtrade.
- Create messaging to support certified brands in spreading the word about Fairtrade.
- Creatively engage clients and other organizations to broaden campaign reach.
Campaign and event support -- approximately 20% of your time
- Provide critical support to campaigns large and small, such as highlighted days/holidays, collaborations with brands and retailers, etc.
- Coordinate and support with thoughtful storytelling, crafting compelling and engaging calls to action, and activating consumers online through our digital channels.
- Event support and engagement, including promotion, logistics, and onsite support as needed.
- Organize events for both business and consumer audiences as needed.
Team support -- approximately 20% of your time
- Manage all-team platform Empower to advance consistent messaging across the organization.
- Assist with marketing initiatives as needed like annual planning, commissioning and ordering collateral, drafting outreach language, updating the customer relationship management (CRM) platform, Pardot (email software) data management, copywriting, website and digital support, email creation, video creation, etc.
- Coordinate mailings of collateral to supporters and brands alike.
- Design graphics, materials, training and educational tools, etc. as required.
- Report on organizational metrics that indicate how well Fairtrade America is achieving its strategic goals and objectives.
If you were here right now, you might be working on projects like the following:
- Collaborating with the team on our 2023 action plan and content calendar.
- Creating short videos to tell the Fairtrade story on social media.
- Writing inspiring and timely blog posts to inspire shoppers to make Fairtrade part of their daily life.
This position is based at Fairtrade America's headquarters in Washington, DC. To be eligible for the position, candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to either the District of Columbia, Virginia, or Maryland.
- A bachelor's degree plus a minimum of three years of relevant experience or, if the candidate doesn’t hold a bachelor’s degree, an additional four years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and keep track of many details.
- Ability to engage and communicate with targeted audiences via different channels.
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing social media strategy that builds an engaged and expanding audience.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- WordPress content management system.
- Working knowledge of design software (Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Flexible, creative team player able to quickly adapt and adjust work to resolve pressing issues.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, CRM software like Salesforce, and project management software like Trello.
- Knowledge and commitment to Fairtrade and social justice issues.
- Willingness to travel up to 3 times per year domestically and internationally.
What We Offer:
Fairtrade America offers a dynamic and engaging work environment, and a competitive salary and benefits program, including:
- Generous time off, including vacation, sick leave, paid volunteer time, 12 paid holidays, and employees receive full pay when the office is closed during the last week of the year.
- Comprehensive health care for you and your family through medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- For emergencies and financial security, life, long and short-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, plus an employee assistance program.
- 401k plan with employer matched contributions to help you save for retirement.
- Flexible spending and transit reimbursement programs offering pre-tax savings for qualified health care, dependent care and transportation expenses.
- Paid parental leave for three months, plus additional flexible options for six months.
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available.
- Wellness benefits, including access to an on-site fitness center and reimbursement for wellness programs and activities such as gym memberships, yoga classes and more.
- Professional development program designed and funded to support your career goals.
Salary: $45,000-$65,000/yearCompensation this position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline