Executive Director The Common Market
- Date Posted January 24, 2023
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
A successful candidate for Executive Director at The Common Market is an influential manager with ability to lead and motivate teams. They will have an entrepreneurial disposition and will create an environment for innovation and growth. They have experience managing operations, sales as well as building long-term client relationships with senior staff at large buyers and foundations. Our ideal candidate combines excellent communication skills with a strategic mindset. They have solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting experience.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our Mid-Atlantic Chapter (DMV, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, Lehigh Valley), ensuring that we are operating efficiently and effectively to meet our goals. In this role, you will be the face of the organization, responsible for leading and executing on the strategic direction and implementing a high quality vision as defined by the Common Market mission. You will ensure that Chapter's ~20 staff members are aligned with the company’s mission and vision and that we are working together to successfully achieve strategic objectives.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that promotes The Common Market’s mission and vision, expands the customer base and ensures its strong presence within institutional food service in the region.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day chapter activities which includes fundraising, sales, procurement, trucking, warehouse, facilities management and support functions. This will include developing an in-depth understanding of the technologies and processes used to manage the day to day operations.
- Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching and modeling professionalism, effective communication and strong collaboration.
- Help meet customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping The Common Market food hub enterprise competitive and innovative. Use your creativity and thorough knowledge of sales processes to provide innovative ideas for business growth. Develop and maintain successful relationships with large buyers (ex. Hospital groups, School Districts, Aramark, Sodexo)
- Manage warehouse and trucking operations to ensure scalability and long term growth.
- Manage and develop procurement team to partner with our producers in a strategic and mission-aligned capacity.
- Forge and maintain relations of trust with Board of Directors, project partners and philanthropic community.
- Direct and coordinate fundraising efforts with local donors.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of The Common Market in the Mid-Atlantic region in ways that strengthen the organization's profile locally
- Manage the budget, including annual budget preparation and monthly analysis of profitability, revenues and expenses.
- The Common Market offers competitive compensation, with an expected salary range between $105,000 – $125,000
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (SIMPLE IRA with 100% employer match)
- Life Insurance (100% Employer Paid Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
We support diversity and inclusion at every level of our enterprise—from our team, to our farmers, contractors and vendors, because it is important to us that our organization reflects the vibrant, diverse communities that we serve.Compensation this position is : salaried, more than 100k Application instructions